Urch Forums

The Princeton Review Classes

knok

Hi, everyone

Did anyone take classes with the Princeton Review. I got the letter from the Princeton Review about the classes. It costs $599 for 24 hours. Is that effective?

Or Is only reading the materials from the Princeton Review enough? Thanks.

Knok

Dear Erin,

Thank you for information. I got a letter from ACT Princeton Review for my son. He is in eleven grade. He needs to take ACT and SAT this spring. Actually, his high school offers another ACT course preparation. I wrote a check for that class, $100, two weeks ago. Unfortunately, he forgot to hand it in to school. It closed now.(12 students only)

I got a letter from Princeton Review a few days ago. This is the only choice right now that I know. I bought a lot of materials from Princeton Review. Also, in the past when I prepared GMAT and TOEFL, I found that materials produced by Princeton were the best materials. That's why I am interested. However, the cost of tuition is quite high.($599 for 24 hours) Or is this an usual price for tutoring?

I called the Princeton today. The teachers are graduate students from Washington University and certified teachers from Princeton. I have to enroll as soon as possible before class is full (12 seats only). It guarantees three points increases. (Actually he has never taken ACT at all.)

My son plans to attend a medical school in my area (Washington University, if possible). His GPA is 4.1, not quite high. I know that it is very competitive to get into a top medical school. Or do you have anything to recommend? I think that right now his mom hits the panic button.

Thank you for any additional information.:D

Regards,

Knok

Nope, I am not kidding. He has a lot of pressure when his peers got 4.4. or over. Some of them got 36 in ACT. I think that scores will not set a value for personal worth. However, to get into a good school, students have not many choices. It is very competitive. Besides good extracurriculum activities, they must perform high GPA and high ACT or SAT.

Last week, he told me, "I am going to state next year." (Swimming Practice) This year, he missed 1.5 seconds to qualify for State. Then, today he will attend Princeton Review ACT preparation course. :D

You all still got time to fulfill your dream. Go for it! It is just the beginning. Last night, I talked to one of my friend who is a medical doctor and just got Ph.D. from John Hopkins University. He said that the environment was very competitive. The mean score for statistics exam of his class was 89%. He gave an example how tough it was. Most of classes are pretty much similar.

Cheer!

Knok