Urch Forums

Urgent:UAB or Colorado State University????????????????

I have been accepted from both of the universities i.e University of Alabama,Birmingham and Colorado State University in Computer Science for Phd study. I have been offered full financial assistantship in both of the universities. I am in real dilemma which one to select. So please I need your suggestions as soon as possible because the deadline for accepting or rejecting is approaching soon.

Thank you a lot for ur informative reply. But I have thought of UAB, is my decision wrong? I want to know more reasons why one is better than other. I have heard about Alabama as safety place. Is there so much of difference between ranking regading education specially Computer Science???Pls I want fast reply..help help help me pls...

Toss a coin buddy :grad:

ps: if you are interested in future finn aid, Colorado is better. My opinion.

pss: Also, I've got a PhD admit from CSU too, but my area - Networks. At the end of this week I will have an interview with professors who hold Network Group at CSU. If they will give me some fin aid(Ra,Ta), I am in 99 % will go there.

Good luck to you and me :tup:

Thanks a lot for the reply. UAB has also offered me a good financial aid i.e. Research Assistantship with 19.5k/year...I really have to toss the coin. Are those universities similar in ranking regarding Computer Science? Please can you tell me something about them. I will be waiting for the reply. And Best of Luck to you also.

Friend, you should concentrate on your interests, because your education will take 5 long years. And a rank is only a digit, nothing more. Moreover, Computer science (according to wiki page) spans a range of topics from theoretical studies of algorithms and the limits of computation to the practical issues of implementing computing systems in hardware and software. Computer science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia