Urch Forums

UC3M or Manhheim Phd program ?

tonin

Hello everyone.

I got accepted in both programs with full funding, specifically Mannheim with tuition waver and monthly stipend of 1200 and UC3M tuition waver and monthly stipend of 900. I'm interested to both the programs, given that my research interests are towards econometrics and macroeconomics and my final goal is to work in Europe.

The UC3M program is allegedly be more difficult than Mannheim' one, because it need to pass 3 qual exams to access the second year, however looking at the alumni' placements, it do not seems to worth the excessive effort.

I'm stuck up by the choice since a week, every opinion is welcome.

Hi Tonin,

Could you tell me about your profile?

I want to apply to uc3m and mannheim for fall 2019 and I wanna know what I need to be accepted. My goal is uc3m...

Regarding to these universities, my advisor said that Mannheim is an amazing department. However, I think that uc3m is better for metrics.

Edited by d7r

Hi Tonin,

Could you tell me about your profile?

I want to apply to uc3m and mannheim for fall 2019 and I wanna know what I need to be accepted. My goal is uc3m...

Regarding to these universities, my advisor said that Mannheim is an amazing department. However, I think that uc3m is better for metrics.

Honestly, i have an almost average profile, Bachelor degree from an unknown university, master degree in economics from top 100 University with 3.8 GPA, GRE: 164Q 158V and good LOR from econometric and Math professor. Hope that It Will help you.

Even for me uc3m was he First choice but i became uncertain about It due their PhD placements.

Honestly, i have an almost average profile, Bachelor degree from an unknown university, master degree in economics from top 100 University with 3.8 GPA, GRE: 164Q 158V and good LOR from econometric and Math professor. Hope that It Will help you.

Even for me uc3m was he First choice but i became uncertain about It due their PhD placements.

Thanks! Your answer help me a lot.

• 2 months later...