Urch Forums

In at CMU, Indiana SPEA, Claremont (MPP/MPA) and at LSE (MSc Econ)

policy_econ

This is my first post. I have been a silent reader of this forum.

I was recently admitted from :

Public Policy program

Indiana U, SPEA (MPA program) (Jan.7)

Claremont Graduate U., SPE (MSPP program) (2/11)

CMU Heinz school of Public Policy (MSPPM program) (2/14)

and

Econ program

LSE (MSc Econ 2 year program) (1/28).

I still wait to hear from all the schools I applied to before choosing the school to go.

Public Policy covers many things. More specific fields in Public Policy are, for example, Int'l development, Organizations/Management, Policy process, Community and Economic Development, Education/Environmental/Health/Social Policies. I am sure there are many more out there. Eeach school has its focus and strength. Some schools let you take courses from other departments as electives.

I hope I somehow answered your question!

Hey, congrats. I too am new to the forum. Anyhoo, did you get any info about funding from CGU? I might apply there next year for the same program, and I know it is expensive:yuck: (also from Cali). If it is no trouble, post your stats for the world to see, either here or in the "success" forum (they are sure to be good, with those admits).

And for those not from Cali, can you believe that many recent grads will have their diplomas signed by the Terminator himself

:doh: :doh: :doh: :crazy: How embarassing!!!!!!!!!!

And for those not from Cali, can you believe that many recent grads will have their diplomas signed by the Terminator himself

man...this is way cool..!!...and lets say you have a degree in umm...international peace...or womens rights.....( i dunno if there are such )...

the irony of it all...

• Like 1

CGU was very generous to me; it offered me 50% tuition fellowship. I don't know much about scholarship/fellowship, but I didn't expect to receive any financial support as I am an international student and was applying to their master program, not their Ph.D program.

Let me share my GRE score with you guys.

V:600 Q:800 AWA:5.0

My GPA was 3.85 (until last semester)

I received merit scholarship awards for 2 years in row, which is given to 5 students in each class.

Also, I did my internship as a private secretary for a Japanese congress man last year.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow,

Now, I know this may sound really stupid, but in case I get an option, this bit of information is definitely gonna affect my selection of university :)