Urch Forums

PhD CS at TAMU

Hi,

well this is my first post. Came across this amazing site pretty late. I have got admission for PhD in CS at TAMU. Since this was my fall back university, didnt do much research in depth. My area of interests is in Distributed sys and i pretty much like the work being done there.

However i would like more feedbacks on the job prospects (esp. in academia ) after doing a PhD at TAMU.

Shiva.

Hi,

well this is my first post. Came across this amazing site pretty late. I have got admission for PhD in CS at TAMU. Since this was my fall back university, didnt do much research in depth. My area of interests is in Distributed sys and i pretty much like the work being done there.

However i would like more feedbacks on the job prospects (esp. in academia ) after doing a PhD at TAMU.

Shiva.

One of my professors in college graduated from TAMU with a PhD (speciazlied in distributed robotics or something like that). Very nice person...and it sounded like there was some interesting stuff going on there. However, I've also heard that TAMU has a lot of profs who aren't very involved in research, so be careful before you commit. Look up the profs you might like to work with, then MAKE SURE they are still actively doing research and getting funds. That's very important, and I can't stress it enough!