Urch Forums

NCSU vs Lehigh Univ vs Univ of Colorado at Boulder

Hi people,

i have an admit from NCSU, Lehigh Univ and Univ of Colorado at Boulder....in ECE department. MY major is in Wireless Communications and Networks....i am really confused as to which one to go for now?? Please advice

Gauravjit Singh

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS ... for the great admits ....

All of them are great schools ....

I have seen both Lehigh and Bolder... have no idea abt NCSU ...

What I can say about those two is, CU Bolder is much larger and active in research than Lehigh, both of them have decent location, but I would prefer Bolder more as it is in Colorado and at the foothill of the Rockys, Bolder is nice play to stay ... but a little expensive, where as lehigh wont be too expensive.

Dept wise Bolder has a wide variety of research going on with a high number of students and faculties ..... Lehigh is not that big,, but the campus is really nice and the environment is good as well... a little far from Philadelphia .... but the Lehigh valley is wonderful ......

did you get funding from any of these two? My prev advisor and one of my friend is from Bolder, what I heard from them, is they have a superb signal processing grp and a close tie with NOAA. The funding is little competetive over there .... regarding funding at lehigh.. I have no idea .... what I heard from one of the proffs is ... the dept is running low on funds at present .....

Hope this helps

• 5 months later...