Urch Forums

NYU Stern MBA Langone!

whino5

Hey All,

I got into the #1 ranked NYU Stern Langone MBA program!!

GMAT:680

Work exp: 2 yrs

Feel free to ask any questions.

This forum was very helpful in studying for the GMAT. After studying so much for the GMAT, I remember almost losing sight on the fact that the GMAT was part of a greater package of the entire application. When I scored a 680, I was a little upset because I was scoring in the mid 700s on the practice exams--- WASTED WORRYING!! Scoring an 800 on the GMAT is completely insignificant compared to your real goal of actually getting accepted into the program!

700 is not a magic number. I would say any score in the 50 percentile range of the school you are applying to is what you want. After that, just concentrate on the Essays. I spent 2+ months writing 3 essays, and even using an essay editing service EssayEdge for the why an MBA and why now question.

TIP: It is application suicide (and against your own interests) to answer the Why MBA and why now question without a well thought out career plan! I feel that my reasons were very original and true, and this helped a lot.

I highly reccomend "How to get into TOP MBA programs" by Montalk. The essay tips and and samples are just as important as a good score on the GMAT.

Thanks again to all of you

:tup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...