Urch Forums

Gurus Please Advise on my Univ Selection for MS In CS for spring 2006

Advise on my Univ Selection for MS In CS for spring 2006

Univ Selected IIT Chicago,NJIT, Syracuse, Northeastern Univ(MA), USC,UTA,Univ of Delware, Suny SB,Colorado Boulder

Please give me safe bets for my Profile

GRE 1240 Q 680 V 560 AWA 4.5 Expected

TOEFL 263 TWE 5.0

My GPA 60%(3.0)

Our Class Topper 75%(3.7) PTU North India

Two years Teaching and Software Development Experience in Computer Institute

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am BIJU BABU, a student of final year BE (Electronics and Communication Engineering) at JJ College of Engg. and Tech., Trichy (Affiliated to Anna University). As I am very much interested in research, I would like to go in for higher studies. Here I have attached my profile for your reference. I have scored only 1180 (V - 480, Q - 700) in GRE. I am about to take my TOEFL 25th of August. It would be kind of you if you could help me out by answering my questions.

1) I would like to know whether I stand a chance of getting into a college, if so in which field of specialization.

2) What is the criterion for selection. Which is given more importance - GRE or Academics or both equally.

3) What are the prospects of me getting a scholarship. What is the criterion for the award of scholarship.

4) Should I consider taking the GRE again.

Please do provide any other information that would help me in making a decision about a good college. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Bye & take care,

Biju.

• 2 months later...