Urch Forums

comparative info 4 ASU(EE)and Umass-amherst(CE)

buddyeddy

dear all

as u can make out i have received admits at the above 2 unis with full tution waiver at umass.my area of interest is VLSI for DSP applications. since umass has an excellent faculty and gud labs for vlsi, i am joining umass( the tution waiver is an incentive) but just out of curiosity i want to know ur views abt the 2 unis inthese 2 fields( arizona state-ee and umass-amherst-CpE). by my research i had found out that umass was the better option. am i right?( though theres little that can be changed now, visa has been granted) but still it eud help if ppl who hav been thru such sort of thing cud comment

Thanks and congratulations to all (now successful) MS aspirants

jeet

since u have been granted VISA,there's no point in still being confused.If I say ASU was better than U MASS,u would be heart broken(this is just an example not the truth).

Go to U MASS & work hard there.remember it's U who matters in the end.

Go to ASU. It has a much better rep than UMASS in VLSI. Also, the local industry connections are much better, e.g. Texas Instruments, Northrup Grumman, Raytheon. Research funding is more abundant there too. Disregard the USNEWS rankings of ASU. It is considered an excellent school for EE by many. UMASS is a good school for engineering but not as highly regarded as ASU.