Urch Forums

Who knows something about wvu?

Ascetic_1984

Hello everyone:grad:

I am a new guy who just registered on this forum. It's really a great place to communicate.

I come from China and want to apply for PHD degree in computer science in fall 2006. Now I have to select some schools to apply. Who knows some information

about the West Viginia University? I did searched some information on the homepage of this school but far from enough. I would be very appreciate if anyone could tell me something about it's academic performance in cs. Is it easy for an international student to get some financial aid there? And dose it has a tradition for admissions of Chinese student?

Here is some personal information

major in:software engeneering BE

GRE: V:550 Q:800 AWE: 3.5:crazy: Toefl:640

GPA: 84 top 10% among 220

By the way,could anyone give me some suggestions of other universities I could apply for? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
hi ascetic , i had applied for M.S. in Mech engineering at WVU, Morgantown Spring 06

Received rejection because of low GRE Analytical Writing :(

770Q 530V 3.0 AWA

263 Toefl

Avg academics

Hope this helps

Thaks for your reply:) I have a question to ask. How did you know they reject you because of the low GRE Analytical Writing you got?

Have a nice day.

I received a Letter From them:( stating i had been disapproved admit due to Low GRE Score and "X" was marked against Analytical Writing

I dunno Why The Hell they Pay Such Importance on AWA score for Engineering,

I am in doubt and abit dejected about this, i dunno:( whether I would get an admit now to the universities i have applied to. Ne ways BEst of Luck to you:tup: