Urch Forums

software engineer , want to do MS in EE

TheWhistler

Hi Members ,

Can you please tell me whether it will be possible for me to get into the

following universities ( cornell / purdue / USC / Penn.State ) with my credentials , or whether there is no use applying .

my profile :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRE 2060 V + Q + A = 580 + 780+ 700 , TOEFL 280 , I took GRE in 2001, TOEFL recently

Btech 83.9 % 4/72 rank , Institute of Engineering and Management , Kolkata , in Electronics and Telecom

Work ex 2.5 years in software , worked in Unix and Interactive Voice Response systems

Certifications: CCNA , Solaris , VLSI , gave GATE in 2004 - 95 percentile

Projects : Speaker Recognition ,IEEE-488 interfacing

Awards : Star of the Month , present MNC and 2nd prize , WB Science Seminar during BTech.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks and regards ,

Prasun

Prasun, first of all a warm welcome from all here at TM :)

You may want to take the GRE again, since many universities want the new pattern score. That is just an opinion - write to the graduate secretary to see if they will accept old pattern scores.

Regarding universities, I think you can make it to USC and PSU. Cornell and Purdue would be a bit difficult - but everything depends on your whole application package. So, I think you stand a fair chance for these too.

You can project the GATE score, and projects as your strong points. Write a killer SoP, and get some good rec. letters - then it won't be long before we TM-ians hear your admit saga!

Best of luck!