Urch Forums

Please Rate my MBA Admission Chances

mchakrain

Background

=========

31 yrs Indian Male

Experience - 8 years of IT expereince with CITIGROUP(London)

GMAT 640(V-67%,Q-81%) AWA-5.0

International Exposure - Good

Academics - Good(Ranked 2nd in 1st and 2nd Year of Engineering Degree)

Undergraduate-1st Class(With Hons.-78%)

Extracurricular - OK(Secondary School Volunteering,Started the Corporate Cricket Club etc.)

Destination Schools

===============

INSEAD

IMD

LBS

WHARTON

u should look for European schools & not US ones.

ur age is a potential problem.Most of Biz schools will question why now?

second ur extra curriculars r a weak point.come on even u know Secondary school Volunterring doesn't count much in MBA.Also ur final rank in BE/BTech. counts & not individual ones.I'll recommend to go for 1 yr course in INSEAD,LBS,IMD.

Thanks for the insights.I am still in a dilemma whether to go for the 1 yr European MBA or the traditional 2 yr program.

1 yr MBA - Short period,lower oppurtunity costs but lesser learning,not ideal for career changers(like me)

2 yr MBA - Expensive but greater learning,enrichment.

For me,I will like to switch to Finance and I am concentrating on MBA(Finance) from a leading business school.While London Business School will be my natural choice,being a londoner an having exposure to a wider financial job market at London will be the distinct advantages.

The 1 yr general MBA program also seems quit an attractive option to me,although I

Thanks for the insights.I am still in a dilemma whether to go for the 1 yr European MBA or the traditional 2 yr program.

1 yr MBA - Short period,lower oppurtunity costs but lesser learning,not ideal for career changers(like me)

2 yr MBA - Expensive but greater learning,enrichment.

For me,I will like to switch to Finance and I am concentrating on MBA(Finance) from a leading business school.While London Business School will be my natural choice,being a londoner an having exposure to a wider financial job market at London will be the distinct advantages.

The 1 yr general MBA program also seems quit an attractive option to me,although I have reservations against it !

I am also contemplating the Executive MBA option @ LBS.Problem seems to me that I have too many options but I am not certain what will be the correct choice ?

Guys,

Do you know what it will take to get into Harvard ?