Urch Forums

Study in Sweden

aa27231

Hi everybody, I am planing to persue MS in Economics in one of Swidish universities, my profile as follow:

- BS in Economics avrege 12/20

- Toefl (80 IBT expected)

pleas if you have any experience or any information consernin,g study in Sweden, dont hesetate to offer it to me.

Thank you :tup:

• 1 month later...

Last year, I used to applied to a university in Sweden. However I was not recommend to study there. I got the TOEFLibt score of ~80. One reason of rejection was that my english score did not pass the qualification. Try to improve your Toefl score.

I graduated BSc.(Physics), not economics.

• 2 weeks later...
that is very interisting website, i have search every page of it. but what i want is if you know someone has an experience of how they do select the file. i know that there r conditions must be achieved in the aplicant such as toefl score and bachler degree from recognized university. but after fullfilling all condithions how do they make thier preference? forexample if my avrage is lower then someone else but my scoor of toefl is higher then his, which one would be prefereble for them?

I think you can ask such questions only to the admission committee of that university, although I doubt they will reveal to any potential applicant how they actually select one applicant over another. It's the secret of the admission committee. Even if you ask accepted students, they will never know how they get admitted to a certain university. Like any schools offering international program, there are combinations of selection criteria for the school admission, such as the previous academic experience, language proficiency, diversity, other achievement, personality, study motivation, etc. As long you fulfill the basic requirement required by the university, you have similar chance with other applicants. Of course you have better chances if you're strong candidate, meaning you have exceeded all of the stated requirements (ie. high TOEFL score/GPAs, achievements, strong recommendation letters/study motivation,etc).

In anycase, any applicant should not worry about these preferences, you should just well prepare your application documents, timely submit them within the submission deadline, and if possible, apply to several universities for widening your chances.

It won't hurt you to apply as many as possible just to make sure that you'd get admitted at at least one of these programmes, of course, if you can afford and are willing to do that.