PDA

View Full Version : #174: Every generation of people is different in..

diep
12-27-2002, 05:37 AM
#174: Every generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generation different from your parentsí generation? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Our generation is much luckier than our parents, who were born when our country, Vietnam, had suffered from a prolonged war of resistance against US army. As a result, we have been taken benefits as well as responsibilities that are genuinely distinguished from those of our predecessors.

To begin with, we have to study hard to strive for survival in a competitive knowledge-based society. We cannot find a good job if we have not equipped myself with a great deal of necessary skills. It is much different from our parentsí generation. In my fatherís youth period, as he told me, a lot of his colleagues were appointed to vital positions due to their achievements in fighters rather than because of their knowledge or experience in related aspects. I did not mean that they were not good at those new charges, but it is no doubt that knowledge and experience were not the first criterion to evaluate a personís appropriateness to a position as they are nowadays.

As compensation, we have been benefited from various worldwide sources of scientific and social knowledge, which were very scarce in my parentsí generation. Moreover, our living conditions have been improved far from those of our elders.

Last but not least, living in the more and more developed and cooperated world, we have to try our most to develop our economy as fast as possible and defend our national security while the supreme tasks of people of my parentsí generation were to expel the enemy away from our country. Needless to say, the ideal must be changed with generation transfer.

All in all, I show deep gratitude to all those of my parentsí generation, who tried their best to leave us a peaceful and rather prosperous life in an independent country. I believe that my generation will work hard to make Vietnam much more developed.
__________________________________________________ ___________
I tried it for over 45 minutes :(and have not yet revised it;). Pls let me know your views, welcome!!!