PDA

View Full Version : How politicians live luxuriously ,,,

raghuveer_v
05-27-2002, 06:23 AM
This was published recently in one of the national newspapers here ...

An Indian politician once went on a tour to US and found that his counterparts there were leading a very luxurious life. He asked how did they manage it.

US politician : "It's simple."
US politician : "Do you see that flyover?"

Indian politician : "Yes."

US politician : "Ten Percent Commission!"

After a few years, The US Politician visited India and found that the Indian politician was also leading an equally luxurious life. He asked how did he manage it in such an economy.

Indian politician : "It's simple."
Indian politician : "Do you see that flyover?"

US politician : "No."
US politician : "Where?"

Indian politician : "100 Percent Commission!"

Raghuveer.

Erin
05-27-2002, 06:30 AM
Hi, Raghuveer! Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure what a "flyover" is; is it what we here in the States call a blimp (a "big horizontal ballon in the sky")? If so, then do you use them for ads at crowded events as we do here in the States? I'm asking because I don't recall seeing them in the various countries I've been to, and I'd kind of assumed it was an American phenomenon... And I'd like to get an idea of what India is like. (It's important to me for some reason...)

Erin

raghuveer_v
05-27-2002, 09:39 AM
Hi Erin,

A "Flyover" is a "Bridge" - A Road 'flying' over another!

Raghuveer.

Erin
05-27-2002, 03:49 PM
Yes, yes, you're right. I knew I'd heard the word before, but I couldn't remember what it referred to. I think some of the Brits I used to work with used that term. I also seem to recall hearing some Aussies use the term "viaduct," as well. In the States, we say "overpass," although I'd have to agree that "flyover" is much more vivid!

Erin

raghuveer_v
05-28-2002, 04:00 AM
Ooh! that was educating.

Raghuveer.