PDA

View Full Version : Any CS schools offer financial aid for masters?

SNYP40A1
10-10-2006, 07:56 AM
If I am seeking an MS in computer science, are there any good/top graduate programs which offer financial aid for masters students?

Also, how hard is it to get accepted coming from an undergraduate electrical engineering program in other words, I have only taken programming, logic design, and data networks being my only CS courses. 1 undergrad research project kinda related somewhere between CS and EE.

riteshn
10-12-2006, 04:45 AM
Hard to say if you dont tell us your acads, research area, paper publication......

Generally, if you are in top 5 college like MIT, Stanford - they somehow always fund their students but medium level, MS funding is very hard.

U of Iowa tries to give most or all of his studdents some kind of assitantship but then U of Iowa is not something extremely great...I am there because two of the professors are doing good research in very specific area of my interest!!!

h@sS@n
01-01-2007, 11:06 PM
I dont think Stanford funds its master students.. I checked with a couple of students there and they said CS master students are seldome funded.... infact Stanford's website cautions that if aid is necessary then u shud probably not cum 2 stanford... sum1 told me that only about 30% of stanford students are able to find RA's or TA's after 1st semester...