Urch Forums

FIT SUNY (NYC) answers

Neko

Has anybody heard from FIT? My GF applied for Fashion Design, and they refuse to tell her the answer by phone, only that a letter was mailed at March 11 (not yet arrived, it takes a month for US mail to reach Israel).

I'm thinking that SUNY probably send acceptance letters by express mail, to ensure a fast reply from candidates. Can anyone confirm this (meaning it is a rejection...)?

• 1 month later...

Well, know nothing about FIT... but I can say that SUNY probably does not send anything by express mail.

However, here is a small trick I have used, if she has not by now recieved anything. Call the school- explain that you KNOW a letter is in the mail, but that you have another offer from another school and they need to know by whatever date. You explain that you are very interested in FIT, but that if you have a rejection, you would like to go ahead and take the other offer. Usually someone will tell you then.

Hope it was not a rejection.