Urch Forums

Going abroad for my college education, need suggestions!

Jase

Hello all, I have almost completed my studies in India and want to go to US for college studies. This is really raising tensions on me. I have talked to some good resources and they have advised me about the admission process there. I need to know more on this and therefore any kind of help or information on colleges admission for US education would be very helpful. Please provide your suggestions.

Well, seems like everyone is going there for studies! This is good. I have a friend who attends Yale (a top US school) and was really pleased after going through the preparation that included a lot of practice material which you can find on Application Boot Camp.com/selfapplicationbootcamp’s guide. I think that you can collect all the required information from this guide which may be of a good help for you..

• 3 years later...
I am probably answering this too late, but maybe it will help someone else. Studying abroad is a GREAT idea. Usually you only pay the price of tuition for your current university, but you get to study somewhere else. This can be beneficial for someone who wants to study abroad in a more expensive university. During the study abroad, there are usually a lot of programs for the students to meet other people from their own country and to learn English. I am not sure how it works for international students, but when applying to colleges in the US, they look at four things: GPA, SAT's, personal statement, and extracurricular activities. Sometimes they require letters of recommendations too.

you better know about the place you are going to navigate to, get to know more about your college, education, accomodation, scholarship to make some arrangements easily to help you live safely there. keep some good amount of money with you since you are navigation to new place its safe to keep more money with you.

• 1 year later...
That's right, preparation will be a great help for the success of your future plan. Start with what Limra1 said, know more about "about your college, education, accomodation, scholarship programs and budget" . Once done, start contacting trusted people who can make the process easier.

• 1 year later...