Urch Forums

College Tour

jamharl

• 6 months later...

I have attended an online Tour of KCL, UK. It was decent. I am very satisfied & all my doubts are cleared. :)

I wonder if you were able to encounter these questions when you are in college tour?

The link you provided is not working. I hope the questions are similar to these:

(1) What percentage of students live on campus?

(2) Do you and other students like the food in the dining hall?

(3) What does it take to graduate in four years?

(4) What is the average financial aid package like?

(5) Do a lot of students go abroad?

(6) When do you have to decide a major?

(7) How easy is it to change your major or concentration?

(8) How much time do students spend on homework per night?

(9) What is the professor to student ratio and how big are the classes?

(10) What types of jobs do students get after graduating?

Via: Top 10 Questions to ask at a College Tour | Plan For College

It was my first Virtual (or even a normal) getting-to-know-what-it-is tour. I was satisfied. The staff talks to us rather than copy-pasting webpage links. I guess many universities now offer a Virtual tour. You can try if your respective university has introduced this. It is good for students who are leaving their native country to study abroad & don't want to spend excess money over travelling. A physical tour is always preferred but if they are offering Online, try for it. The counselor from my country emailed me to know what my doubts are and then she directed me to that particular booth. It was my choice then to explore the all booths or just be on that booth for further clarification. There were many students like me, from many countries. KCL staff was really good, it was really nice.