Urch Forums

Impact Factor computer science Journals

aneel

Certainly, quality (impact) is more important than quantity. And some links you may have already seen in a recent thread:

Estimated impact of publication venues in Computer Science [CiteSeer; Steve Lawrence, Kurt Bollacker, Lee Giles]

blog dds: 2008.06.27 - Impact Factor of Computer Science Journals 2007

Of course, I think it's easier and certainly faster to get a poster paper published in an IEEE or ACM conference proceeding than to deal with with journals (at least the more respectable ones), which is why relatively few people in this forum mention journal publications compared to conference publications. Personally, I am working on a poster paper now, and I don't think I will even consider writing a paper for a journal until I am working on an MS thesis.

• 1 year later...

Hi dear all

I have already written a paper in Electronic Commerce and wanna publish it in a journal so i need to know about the impact factor of different journals in this field. anyone can help me? do you personally have any suggestion on where i can publish my paper?

thanks for helping me.