All this depends on your particular school policy. Read carefully, the required finances documents.
Also, you should be showing minimum 6 lakhs / year (assuming StonyBrook's low tuition of $12000 a year.)
How can i show my finances? I mean should i show liquid cash at a bank account of mine or should i show liquid cash to support me for the first year at a bank account of my sponsor? In case of a relative sponsoring me...
1) should i and he/she have a joint bank account which contains a liquid balance of the money required by me to support myself for 1 year?
2) In case, we have 2 different accounts, is it enough if the money is shown by the sponsorer in his/her account only?
3) iF my sponsorer is showing bank balance, does he/she requie to show a balance statement signed/sealed by the bank manager AND having/showing transactions for the last 1 year or so?
4) Apart from cash, what other assets can be shown? In case of property, how should it be shown as an asset for grad education financial support?
Should it be in my name? Can it be in the name of my parents who incidentally may not be my primary sponsorers? In case of two sponsorers (if allowed) should i require to show a certificate of affidavit from both?
5) Also, can anyone familiar with india and cost of MS in US (b/w univ's ranked b/w 20 - 65) say approximately how many lakhs of rupees should be shown in support of my case for grad education? I just want be approx cost +- 5 lakh as i am aware that cost varies for individual univ's.
6) Also, should balance be shown in us $ only?
Thanks to all who take their time to advise me.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)