Urch Forums

Capital letters and too many abbreviations

knok

Yep, this is an ongoing problem.

Hmmm... How to fix it?

I will try to remind people in the pharmacy forum. I can't imagine if a foreign pharmacist uses a lot of abbreviations to his/her co-workers, doctors, patients, or starts a sentence without a capital letter. It is an elementary school English. I am not perfect in writing but I try to make people understand me as much as I can.

According to my experience in business schools, I contacted my American teammates all the time by email. They will never use such abbreviations as u, ur, thankx, thx, or any abbreviations that Michael mentioned that it was not appropriate.

Okay, here is my mistake.

"We are not in the chat room but we are in academic forums surrounding by all high educated people."

I should have said, "We are not in the chat room but we are in academic forums surrounding by all highly educated people."

Michael, you are right. I should have used word processor to help me with the post. This will get rid of this problem when I am so sleepy.

Thanks everyone who uses proper English.

Knok

;)

Erin,

I already made some posts on reminding people about this issue.

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/444255-post30.html

If it does not work, you probably need to post a sticky thread for all forums in testmagic. Another piece of suggestions might be moderating them all. This might need volunteering effort. However, your major is English literature and you are a teacher. I trust you. I know that you are really concerned about this issue . We just need cooperation from other members.

Three years ago, there were not many people using a lot of abbreviations. I believe that if this problem has not been solved, testmagic will become a chat room rather than an academic source for people in the next generations.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,:tup:

Knok