Urch Forums

loans for international students?

nevena

Hello everyone

Does anybody can help by providing information on banking institutions or whatever institutions which provide loans for graduate studies for international students?Up to now,I lived with the idea that once I get accpeted into a graduate program,I will somehow find money to finance but obviously I was pretty narrow-minded on this subject.I would be very thankful if someone can share valuable information on how to get a loan.Thanks and good luck to everyone:tup: :grad:

• 1 year later...
Most (if not all) commercial banks offer student loans. However, they have a maximum limit on how much they will lend to a student and it varies by the bank you go to. I would suggest that you check a few commercial banks in your country to find out more information. If you don't have any assets of your own you will need someone as a guarantor. Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
Hello everyone

Does anybody can help by providing information on banking institutions or whatever institutions which provide loans for graduate studies for international students?Up to now,I lived with the idea that once I get accpeted into a graduate program,I will somehow find money to finance but obviously I was pretty narrow-minded on this subject.I would be very thankful if someone can share valuable information on how to get a loan.Thanks and good luck to everyone:tup: :grad:

:)

Infact I had done the same thing... I managed to get the tuition for the first semester, from home, and had no clue bout what I would do for the rest.

The truth of the matter is: Most instititutions will loan Money, but there are several factors that need to be taken into consideration:

what are you studying? > In most cases, Law students, docters, and science students etc can take out higher loans as they are more likely to make more income when they graduate.

How long have you been in the U.S, what is your credit history like? > If you are about to travel to the U.S, make sure you have a few cosigner's lined up, and make sure they have a good credit score: around 600 or so.

What school are you going to? > If its an Ivy League school, banks are more likely to loan higher amounts as their risks are smaller, etc...

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
1.Global Student Loan Corporation

2.Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority (MEFA)

3. International Education Financial Aid

etc

Source:

Financial aid for USA international students (scholarships & loans) | So You Want To Be Homesick

Please be clear about your "source." As I understand it, you are citing your own blog as a source. While I don't disagree with your post, citing yourself doesn't add credibility; it just appears to promote your blog.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...