Sponsored Ad:

Thread: loans for international students?

Good post? Yes | No

loans for international students?

Sponsored Ad:
    Hello everyone
    Does anybody can help by providing information on banking institutions or whatever institutions which provide loans for graduate studies for international students?Up to now,I lived with the idea that once I get accpeted into a graduate program,I will somehow find money to finance but obviously I was pretty narrow-minded on this subject.I would be very thankful if someone can share valuable information on how to get a loan.Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mens sana in corpore sano ve_boss's Avatar

Good post? Yes | No
    nobody ?

Life is too short....... Smileysquared's Avatar

Good post? Yes | No
    Most (if not all) commercial banks offer student loans. However, they have a maximum limit on how much they will lend to a student and it varies by the bank you go to. I would suggest that you check a few commercial banks in your country to find out more information. If you don't have any assets of your own you will need someone as a guarantor. Hope this helps.

Good post? Yes | No
    also depends a lot on how much loans you already have, if you do, the terms of the loans may be more burdensome. Ask any major bank rep and will be able to gauge where you fit.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by nevena View Post
    Hello everyone
    Does anybody can help by providing information on banking institutions or whatever institutions which provide loans for graduate studies for international students?Up to now,I lived with the idea that once I get accpeted into a graduate program,I will somehow find money to finance but obviously I was pretty narrow-minded on this subject.I would be very thankful if someone can share valuable information on how to get a loan.Thanks and good luck to everyone

Infact I had done the same thing... I managed to get the tuition for the first semester, from home, and had no clue bout what I would do for the rest.

The truth of the matter is: Most instititutions will loan Money, but there are several factors that need to be taken into consideration:

what are you studying? > In most cases, Law students, docters, and science students etc can take out higher loans as they are more likely to make more income when they graduate.

How long have you been in the U.S, what is your credit history like? > If you are about to travel to the U.S, make sure you have a few cosigner's lined up, and make sure they have a good credit score: around 600 or so.

What school are you going to? > If its an Ivy League school, banks are more likely to loan higher amounts as their risks are smaller, etc...

Hope this helps.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    1.Global Student Loan Corporation
    2.Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority (MEFA)
    3. International Education Financial Aid
    etc

Source:
    Financial aid for USA international students (scholarships & loans) | So You Want To Be Homesick

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Femiluv View Post
    1.Global Student Loan Corporation
    2.Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority (MEFA)
    3. International Education Financial Aid
    etc

Source:
    Financial aid for USA international students (scholarships & loans) | So You Want To Be Homesick
    Please be clear about your "source." As I understand it, you are citing your own blog as a source. While I don't disagree with your post, citing yourself doesn't add credibility; it just appears to promote your blog.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Most probably banks from both government and private sectors provides loans to international students. I have little doubt with your question whether you asked for international studies or students?

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Re: loans for international students?

I think it is impossible

Thread Information