Urch Forums

Hi .. a question regarding TOEFL.. please respond

kittycat84

Hii

I was reading on NABP.net site about TOEFL. Can anybody explain what is written below:

"For those obtaining a passing score on the October 1, 2009 FPGEE:

Candidates for FPGEC Certification must also successfully complete both the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the Test of Spoken English (TSE) or TOEFL Internet-based Test (iBT) in order to obtain FPGEC Certification.

The minimum score for the TOEFL is a score of 213 for the computer-based TOEFL and 550 for the paper-based TOEFL. The minimal passing score for the TSE is a score of 50.

The minimum score for the TOEFL iBT is 24 for Writing, 26 for Speaking, 18 for Listening, and 21 for Reading. Candidates must attain passing scores in each of the four sections reported on one official score report as a result of one testing session. Official score reports with a less than minimum score in any section will not be considered.

Please request that TOEFL/TSE Services submit an official report of your passing TOEFL and TSE scores or the TOEFL iBT score directly to the FPGEC using institution code 9103."

Does NABP mean we can take either TOEFL (paper or computerized) + TSE OR TOELF iBT??

Hi kittycat84,

yes, you can take TOEFL+TSE or TOEFL iBT. But in some countries (like USA), it is quite hard to find a place that provides TSE. I guess the ETS (the agency making the tests) eventually wants to replace TOEFL+TSE by TOEFL iBT only since it is more convenient for them (and probably more profitable because people have to pass all parts at once, so for example if you don't pass the speaking part only, you still have to take and pay for the whole test - unlike with TSE).

Good luck!

For goldmohar - in the Oct. 2009 test, there was not a lot of calculations, just like 4 or so. I remember some were from pharmacokinetics (like counting the half-time of a reaction to find a drug concentration after certain time etc.). There were no calculators provided. Hope it helps. Good luck!

hi

actually there are new rules right now

if you passed fpgee on oct 2009

now you have untill june 2010 to pass the toefl ibt or toefl pbt with tse

toefl cbt is no longer offered anywhere in the world

i passed the fpgee in dec 2008 and passed toefl pbt and tse in feb 2010

anybody wants anything just send me a private message

thank you

bibo

Edited by bibo1
spelling mistake