Urch Forums

FPGEE Passed candidates, plz reply......URGENT

mission2010

Hi Guys,

I am going to appear for April 2010 FPGEE, stuck here with the major question...

Do I need to remember Trade names (brand names) of the drugs?

I am asking this because in the Cds provided by pharmacyexam.com majority of the questions were based on brand names of the drugs, rather than generic names. I am really tensed since there are just 15 days left for the exam.

Plzzz guide at the earliest possible.

Gouri

I felt the same when I took my exam last year. If I were you, I'd concentrate on problem solving so you can familiarize yourself with exam like questions. I studied for the exam about 6 months total but first 5 months, I did it by myself without much guidence and had visa issues, running pharmacy etc. I was finally able to concentrate on studying after I came to the States about a month before exam. I did group study and the ladies in the groups had failing experience and they didn't mind sharing their experinces and questions. I got most benefit from problem solving mainly I was able to find my weaknesses and was able to focuse on them. Good luck on the exam!!!!

• 3 years later...

Fpgee stand for FOREIGN PHARMACY GRADUATE EQUIVALENCY EXAM and naplex is abbreviation for NORTH AMERICAN PHARMACIST LIcENSURE EXAMINATION.

The first one is an equivalency exam for pharmacists graduated from out of the US. After passing fpgee and toefl a foreign pharmacist is allowed to apply for internship. The next step after internship is taking the pharmacy board exam which all the pharmacists who are graduated from US have to take, too. After all, you are equal to a us pharmacist.

Hope it helps you.