Urch Forums

Preparing the FPGEE: papers, applications... Graduated from Saint Joseph Uni, Lebanon

Rami A

Please can anyone help me regarding what to do in order to apply for the FPGEE exam. When shoud i begin? i didn't apply yet. I search too much on the internet and i am a little confused about what to do. I already buyed CPR and manan shroff managment and Q&A. Today i registered at the order of pharmacist.

Thank you ,

rami

Salams Rami

Here is the link from NABP where you can download Application Bulletin. In it they explain all the procedure regarding certification process.

Application Bulletin - National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP)

Just a few remarks they stated in the bulletin that I think you need to give more attention to:

If you graduated on or after January 1, 2003, you must have completed at least a five-year pharmacy curriculum at the time of graduation.

You must have your official pharmacy school transcripts and degree qualification verified by the Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) (http://www.ece.org/) You must request that ECE submit a copy of the General Evaluation Report directly to the FPGEC along with your supporting documentation. Official transcripts must include a school seal/stamp and the inked signature of a pharmacy school official. Transcripts must indicate the dates you attended pharmacy school. I called ECE to see what that exactly means because I certified my copies at the court and have stamps but they don't admit them like that. You need to make a copy of your diploma 2x and someone in your school needs to put a stamp on each copy and sign it (same thing with transcripts, unless you can get 2 sets of original transcripts). The school then needs to seal each copy in an envelope and put a stamp and signature over the envelope opening to see that it's not opened. Then you send them (or your school) by mail to ECE. You also need to make an official translations of these documents and send 2 sets to ECE. But first you need to fill out online application on their website. ECE keeps one set for themselves and sends one directly to FPGEC. For each country they ask for different documents, so these document were required for my country. Maybe they need an additional documentation for Lebanon so you might wanna check with them.

For FPGEC you need to send your license and/or registration sealed by issuing body + official translation (by certified translator, a certified court interpreter, an authorized government official) along with your application form and money of course.

P.S. be aware that your ECE file is opened for 6 months (I think) so prepare all documents at once and send them at the same time to ECE and FPGEC because maybe your ECE file expires while you get documents for FPGEE.....then you need to gather all from the scratch again and pay fees again....

Once you get approval for taking the test you need to have some type of visa ready to come and take the test here. And it is better to take TOEFL (they admit scores only from US ETS places) after FPGEE because it also lasts for only 2 years.

Hope that helps

Salams from Arab/Cro combo :p

Edited by Cro

hi everyone,

cuty123 i buyed CPR from Maliks in Lebanon (you can also buy it from Saint Antoine library). Concerning manan shroff managment and Q&A you can get it through the internet : amazon and other sites.

Cro thank you man for your help.

keep in touch guys

And good luck for everyone

• 2 weeks later...
Salams Rami

Once you get approval for taking the test you need to have some type of visa ready to come and take the test here. And it is better to take TOEFL (they admit scores only from US ETS places) after FPGEE because it also lasts for only 2 years.

Hi Cro,

Do you know for how much time does the FPGEC last? I mean, after being certified, is there a time limit for me to find an internship, after which the certification is no longer valid?:rolleyes:

I hope you are doing good with your internship in Croatia.:tup:

best luck

George

Hi George

Sorry I don't know but I have to call NABP regarding some paperwork so I'll ask them and let you know. In Croatia when you do internship you need to pass the state exam (here they call it NAPLEX) and we have 5 years to pass it otherwise we have to do internship once again so there is probably some time limit from internship to passing NAPLEX to get license but from certification to internship I'm not sure because that would mean that your diploma with time becomes invalid which doesn't make sense to me.

Cro

FPGEC has no time limit, it is permanent as your diploma (confirmed by NABP) but time from finishing internship 'till passing NAPLEX to get license is limited and it varies from state to state and for that you need to call State Board of Pharmacy and ask them.

Cro

hi!!

Cro what time limit is there in your state it must be a minor difference state wise i guess and by the way internship is the requirement for NAPLEX right??

Internship is required for NAPLEX in most of States, but to be sure you'll need to contact your State Board also