Urch Forums

Pharmacy Internship - To find internship is harder than FPGEE and TOEF IBT.....

abp

This is worst situation for foreign grads. I've just spoken to the intern coordinator of xxxx pharmacy and who informed me that they no longer consider foreign pharmacy grad interns. I am a US Citizen and an FPGEC. he said it doesn't matter. he said that the pharmacy grads/ students here in the US have been over saturated for years and companies like them hire first to their grads than the foreign grad pharmacists. he said that they don't accept foreign grad interns for over 2 years now and as he knows leading retail pharmacies such as yyyy, wwwwww, ttttt and the like- would prioritize US educated students than foreign pharmacy grads and that most of these retail co. no longer accepts FPGE certified individuals. he said I could work as a pharm tech but that's all and can't convert my hours to internship hours. I still have hope but i'm getting tired. I feel as if they(nabp and ets) just allow foreign grads to get the fpgec just to gain financial advantage from the takers. I'm sure they know this situation and they know the large number of applicants and the money they spend just to get this certificate. I don't know what other foreign grads like me experience but this is the situation now in New Jersey.

Before i thought FPGEE is hard exam but now i can say FPGEE is easier to pass than to get an internship.

Good luck guys.............................................

• 2 weeks later...

That's not true. You need to call him back and explain the meaning of FPGEC certificate, the pharmacy tech duties and pharmacy intern position. He has no right to discriminate foreign pharmacist/pharmacy graduates. Do you still remember the name of the person that you had talked to? And what is the pharmacy retail name? Did you talk to the pharmacy manager?

This is worst situation for foreign grads. I've just spoken to the intern coordinator of xxxx pharmacy and who informed me that they no longer consider foreign pharmacy grad interns. I am a US Citizen and an FPGEC. he said it doesn't matter. he said that the pharmacy grads/ students here in the US have been over saturated for years and companies like them hire first to their grads than the foreign grad pharmacists. he said that they don't accept foreign grad interns for over 2 years now and as he knows leading retail pharmacies such as yyyy, wwwwww, ttttt and the like- would prioritize US educated students than foreign pharmacy grads and that most of these retail co. no longer accepts FPGE certified individuals. he said I could work as a pharm tech but that's all and can't convert my hours to internship hours. I still have hope but i'm getting tired. I feel as if they(nabp and ets) just allow foreign grads to get the fpgec just to gain financial advantage from the takers. I'm sure they know this situation and they know the large number of applicants and the money they spend just to get this certificate. I don't know what other foreign grads like me experience but this is the situation now in New Jersey.

Before i thought FPGEE is hard exam but now i can say FPGEE is easier to pass than to get an internship.

i think ny is one of the most difficult places to get intern and still hiring intern

last time i talked to one of district manager of Manhattan he told me

he needs one to get job done .speak English well .

and he has shortage in position in general

he hired one of my friends he was tech then intern then pharmacist as he is very good

on the other side he told his friend he has no available position or budget because he think he is not good

it depends on you

do you have enough qualification to work as pharmacist ?

when you work as pharmacist do you know how to handle work flow and troubles or not ?

they get rid of older pharmacist working for them for many years and hired fresh graduate because they have new system the older pharmacist don't know how to handle it

i sow them put new foreign graduate hired them as pharmacist then sp after 6 months and the older pharmacist ha has working for 20 years still a regular pharmacist

can you handle techs and patient or not. insurance , have good character , strong one . do you know what is your work and what others should do ?

ask your self if the answer is yes you will be hired as my friend if not work in your weakness point

do not lose your hope. one of my friends never work as intern she just worked as pharmacy tech and then converted the hours it was not easy but she finally convinced nabp to accept the hours. furthermore it is not true that there is a saturation for pharmacists. just keep trying. you are a pharmacist I am sure you had hard days before. plus here in texas it is kind of easy to find internship. you can move. remember USA is the land of opportunities,

• 3 weeks later...

hey frdz, if any one can advice for my situation,

I am in NJ. I was working as a tech with one of retail chain but now they don't have enough budget to hire me as an intern and they said they can have me there as a technician becoz of some legal issue. I have worked more than 1500 hrs with the same company and now planning to move to Maryland where they need 1560 intern hrs for pharmacy license. Also for Maryland you don't need intern license for internship. I haven't done any intern hrs in NJ but is there any way by which i can send experience letter for those hrs with job duties and then ask them to count those as internship hours??

• 1 year later...

We are looking for Foreign graduate interns who currently live in the Chicago area to take on a compounding position for a pharmacy in Aurora, Illinois.

CONTACT DETAILS DELETED BY MODERATOR. Please use Test Magic messaging system.

Edited by wasleys

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am ready to help anyone for internship. The internship is in MI . I only have one spot now.

You need to be knowledgeable and should have good communication skills.

Hi starshine,

I am a foreign pharmacist looking for an internship. You said you had a position in MI. I am knowledgeable and have good communication skills. Please tell me more about this opportunity and let me know if you want my contact information.

Thank you

Ramy

Ramy I would need your resume.Do you have a MI intern license ? Where are you currently located ?

Starshine,

I have my FPGEC certificate, and currently reside in Minnesota. I have a Minnesota intern license, however, I am willing to travel to MI and apply for an intern license there. If you give me your contact info I can send you my resume.

Ramy

• 1 year later...
hey frdz, if any one can advice for my situation,

I am in NJ. I was working as a tech with one of retail chain but now they don't have enough budget to hire me as an intern and they said they can have me there as a technician becoz of some legal issue. I have worked more than 1500 hrs with the same company and now planning to move to Maryland where they need 1560 intern hrs for pharmacy license. Also for Maryland you don't need intern license for internship. I haven't done any intern hrs in NJ but is there any way by which i can send experience letter for those hrs with job duties and then ask them to count those as internship hours??

Did you ever figured out the answer?

• 1 month later...