Urch Forums

FPGEE Eligibility (INDIA) Please HELP!!

Sm007

Hi

I am from India and planning to apply for FPGEE. I did D.Pharm from 2005-2007 and then directly took admission in B.Pharma in 2007 after completing Diploma through Lateral entry. Did my B.pharma from 2007-2010. Total continuous study 2005-2010=5 years. Am I eligible to take the FPGEE? Will they accept my documents? Also I did M.Pharma from 2010-2012. Please Help!

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sm007 :)

Edited by Sm007

I would suggest you to email to NABP (custserv[at]nabp.net) or talk (Contact - National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® (NABP®)). As far as I know, they would accept 4-years BPharm degree only if it was completed before 2003. In your case, its even more complex as your university transcript will show only 3 years. If your university transcript can show (both DPharm and BPharm) as an integrated course completed in > 5 years, you are saved. Contact NABP ! and Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Hi

I am from India and planning to apply for FPGEE. I did D.Pharm from 2005-2007 and then directly took admission in B.Pharma in 2007 after completing Diploma through Lateral entry. Did my B.pharma from 2007-2010. Total continuous study 2005-2010=5 years. Am I eligible to take the FPGEE? Will they accept my documents? Also I did M.Pharma from 2010-2012. Please Help!

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sm007 :)

Hi did you apply to NABP? Please let me know as mine is the same case...

• 4 weeks later...
I think you should contact NABP. What was your M Pharm subject? Because, I know NABP will accept B Pharm and M Pharm in Pharmacy Practice from India to be eligible to write the FPGEE.

I did my Mpharm from pharmacology. But i read lot of threads in urch forum evrybody mentioned that they dont accept m.pharm and that too i have 3 yrs bpharm degree since i completed dpharm 2 yrs. What would you suggest?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

Thanks for replying.

I got the evaluation report and on one hand it says that I have to re-send the application after filling it out correctly and on the other hand it says I'm not eligible to sit for the exam as no patient care experience was found in my application.

I don't know what to do now. What are my other my options, can anyone suggest? What else can i do, like any other course or certificate programme in order to work as a pharmacist?

Please help.

Thanks.

Also the ECE evaluation report said that I have the US equivalent of :

1. Associate of applied science degree in Pharmaceutical technology

2. BS degree with a major in Pharmaceutical sciences

3. MS degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences

This is so messed up. :(

Hi guys.

Thanks for replying.

I got the evaluation report and on one hand it says that I have to re-send the application after filling it out correctly and on the other hand it says I'm not eligible to sit for the exam as no patient care experience was found in my application.

I don't know what to do now. What are my other my options, can anyone suggest? What else can i do, like any other course or certificate programme in order to work as a pharmacist?

Please help.

Thanks.

Hi,

1) What is the correction they are looking for? ( you mentioned that resend the application with correction?)

2) patient care experience is never asked in FPGEC eligibility; can you please post the exact wordings of their report?

3) Your ECE report says that your BPharm is equivalent to US degree, that means your institution is recognized here.

4) If you do not understand the report, write back to FPGEC (NABP) asking for clear explanation of why you can not sit for FPGEE?

Hope it helps,

Sen

hi Sm007

I think you should write a letter to NABP explaining your situation and ask them what is the next option for you in order to get eligibility to sit for the exam. I think the ECE evaluation report is fine. I got the same and I was confused because I was thinking how is my clinical pharmacy M.Pharm equivalent to MS in pharmaceutical science. I called ECE and they said that is fine.

Good luck for you :)

Thanks again for replying guys. Below is the letter I received as the evaluation report from NABP.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6976[/ATTACH]

After this I asked them again for explanation and about my options. Below is their reply:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6977[/ATTACH]

After this letter, I asked them if i can get some experience in patient care now and then apply again. Below is their reply:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6978[/ATTACH]

I hope this will respond to all questions you asked. Can anyone suggest me what should i do now?

Really appreciate it guys.

Thanks.

Thanks again for replying guys. Below is the letter I received as the evaluation report from NABP.

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachments/fpgee/6976-fpgee-eligibility-india-please-help-20140818_121700.jpg

After this I asked them again for explanation and about my options. Below is their reply:

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachments/fpgee/6977-fpgee-eligibility-india-please-help-20140818_121832.jpg

After this letter, I asked them if i can get some experience in patient care now and then apply again. Below is their reply:

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachments/fpgee/6978-fpgee-eligibility-india-please-help-20140818_121858.jpg

I hope this will respond to all questions you asked. Can anyone suggest me what should i do now?

Really appreciate it guys.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks alot for the clear posts, even mine is the same situation like yours, i have completed my dpharm , bpharm, n mpharm in the same years as u did, so i was thinking to do some courses like medical coding and billing, dental hygienist, physical therapist assistant, you can check online universities nearby your place if this courses are available .i hope this will help. Thanks and let me know if you have any suggestions for any courses or any other options u come across as im in the same boat, after looking at your case i dropped my idea of applying to FPGEE. All the best!!!!

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

My situation is little different. I am doing Pharm D (6 years course with patient care) in Andhra Pradesh, India and in final year now. I will be graduating in 4 months.

I hope ECE will accept my degree and give me Green Light to write the exam.

My problem is how am I going to write the exam!

I have to give TOEFL only in some countries (NOT IN INDIA) according to FPGEE rules, which is fine... probably I can go to UK to write TOEFL somehow.

But how can I get US Visa to write FPGEE?

I am in big confusion state. Feeling bad for taking 6 year Pharm D course!

Any help from anyone is really helpful.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

You can try through B1/B2 (Visit/Business) to come and write your FPGEE. I know many of us did the same. First you apply for exam and get your hall ticket then apply for visa. Its not 100% guarantee that you will get visa, but you can try. All the best.

Hi everyone,

My situation is little different. I am doing Pharm D (6 years course with patient care) in Andhra Pradesh, India and in final year now. I will be graduating in 4 months.

I hope ECE will accept my degree and give me Green Light to write the exam.

My problem is how am I going to write the exam!

I have to give TOEFL only in some countries (NOT IN INDIA) according to FPGEE rules, which is fine... probably I can go to UK to write TOEFL somehow.

But how can I get US Visa to write FPGEE?

I am in big confusion state. Feeling bad for taking 6 year Pharm D course!

Any help from anyone is really helpful.

Thanks in advance