Urch Forums

FPGEE April 2014

hamza311

I took the April 2014 last monday. My advise to all of you, concentrate on the APhA Complete review on FPGEE. Majority of the questions i encountered in this exam, was exactly i have read in the APhA book. I should have read this book more. Wasted my time with Mannan Shroff books and Shargel Complete Pharmacy review book.

The first part of the exam (first 125 questions where mostly basic and pharmaceutical sciences questions),a couple of questions on medicinal chemistry and clinical pharmacokinetics and a couple of simple calculations questions. Suprisingly, i only encountered 2 or 3 questions on pharmacy law,management,admin and social. Only 1 question on pharmacognosy, 4-5 question on biostatistics.

The second part of the exam is majority clinical, there were a lot of patient profiles and pharmacology, drug adverse reactions and laboratory values. There are no trade names asked, all drugs mentioned in their generic/chemical names.

Time is not a problem, so make sure to flag those items you are not sure of your answer,so you can review it before the end.

HTH

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
HIi, I m appearing for the fpgee october 2014.I referred APHA,CPR not full half topics and Manan Shroff 1000 Q&A.Still I m not confident about the exam.Shall I read APHA again?I also gave pre Fpgee,but when i gave the prefpgee not a single question was from the books i read,so I am worried no.what shall I do?

Hi,

hope you finished your Fpgee 2014.

How was the exam pattern? did you get all questions in multiple choice format or the new exam pattern, which includes multiresponse, hot spot questions and so on? How is your experience on these type of new questions?

• 2 weeks later...
For submitting all the required documents do i have to come U.S or i can do it online? Right now i'm studying Pharm D in my final year can i sit for TOEFL now? will it be valid ? i mean any exipry or anything? And is there any specific GPA required for FPGEC? please help me what i should do as soon as i get done with my Pharm D? should i fly to US and submit all my documents myself and prepare for test or i should stay in my country and do all the procedure and prepare for my test here?

You can't apply without completing your school because you have to send official school transcripts plus your Pharmacist Licensure and/or Registration Record and that's can't be done online, i'm not sure if you can apply from your home country but all these information available in the FPGEC application bulletin (Application Bulletin - Programs - National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® (NABP®)) and you can't take the Toefl exam outside the states, No GPA requirements.

Good Luck