Urch Forums

CEU PharmD (Philippines)

EOlaes1215

Good day everyone. For those who graduated in the 6 year, PharmD program at CEU and are licensed pharmacists in the states (or able to take the FPGEE), i have a question..

Based on NABP or ECE, what are you credited as? PharmD or BS-Pharm?

I am asking because i already have already completed clinical pharmacy (5th year) and can apply for the FPGEE but i desire to work with a PharmD status over a BS-Pharm status... (I know i can upgrade it there in USA, but all i have found is a 3 year Non traditional pharmD, which costs much...)

So with that case, i plan to take the PharmD program here in the philippines and then apply for the FPGEE...

For those who have taken the program, and are licensed in USA (or about to be licensed), did it credit as PharmD or just BS-Pharm?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

Best thing to do is to submit your educational documents to ECE, so you'll know if ECE will accept your 5 year pharmacy degree as the equivalent of a PharmD degree in the US or just a BS Pharm equivalent.

I'm a BS Pharm graduate from the Philippines and got my intern license recently here in the US, and what i can tell you is that, PharmD and BS Pharm here in the US is not an issue, as long as you passed the NAPLEX for you to practice as a registered pharmacist.