Urch Forums

pay attention Epidemology

Ohm

Hello dear all

Pay attention to the epidemology (look in Behavior sciences book) it is about prevalence, incidence, bias and statistics. and also literature review for drugs. Wish you all very best. Study well.

Best Regards

Ohm

Hello dear all

Pay attention to the epidemology (look in Behavior sciences book) it is about prevalence, incidence, bias and statistics. and also literature review for drugs. Wish you all very best. Study well.

Best Regards

Ohm

where can we read about epidemology, in CPR , remington . So much to read:( by the way Ohm could you please post a web site for quizzes about pharmacology, the web site that you posted about chemistry is great it took me very away back.

thanks

hi king tut

thanks for helping , but the last link doesn't work, what should i do

Hi Kingtut

All the websites are opening and these are great. Your contribution to this forum is very remarkable. Thank you very much. Keep it up. Wish you all the best for NAPLEX.

Hi Khadija

The webistes posted by kingtut are great. But if you want you can practice more from below webistes as well. Look for epidemology in Behavior Sciences. Wish you all the best.

Best Regards

Ohm

http://www.2muslims.com/pharmacy/PHARMACOLOGY.htm

http://www.pharmacology2000.com/learning2.htm

http://lysine.pharm.utah.edu/netpharm/netpharm_00/NetPharm_testbank/selection_page.html

http://www.pharmacorama.com/en/quizz/quizzview.php

sister khadija,

try again i already tried it & it is working perfectly. plz any one tell us if it is working or not.

sister khadija,

try again i already tried it & it is working perfectly. plz any one tell us if it is working or not.

sorry sis,

Yes i opened it , just in first test general science and the next one when i clicked i didn't have the test blank page, but the thirth test worked.

Dear Ohm,

Are you talking about these topics (please see attachment) that we are supposed to know in Epidemiolgy?

Could you please take a look in this syllabus (please see attachment); are they cover Epidemiology, or are they too little or too broad or too depth?

Thank you so much.

Hi Fizzbizz,

I couldn't open none of the lectures in these 2 websites, can you resent it again or somthing.

Ohm,

can I pass the FPGEE without this epidemiology, im trying here to make some order in my head concerning things that I already studied CPR:(

management Im making my self hard to study it because it is some thing new once I open mamnashroff book, I don't know how i end up with CPR in my hands.:D

Hi Khadija

If you are through with CPR, Manan shoraff Managemnet, Q&A, and also the tables in Theory. It would be more than enough I guess.

Pay attention to the enzyme inducers, enzyme inhibitors, and also highly protein bound drugs.

Drugs which should avoid during pregnancy, labtests values, plasma theraputic values, which enzymes elevate in what kind of diseases.

drug food interactions, drug drug interactions,

CNS drugs like antidepressents, anxiety drugs, mood disorder drugs and their mechansim of action. Because most of the drugs are inhibit reuptake of Norepinehrine, dopamine, serotinin, etc. but pay attention to what drugs work in what way.

insulin actions, hyperlipedimics actions and side effects.

anticoagulents what should in case of slightly elevated conditions, and severe elevated conditions. how to measure, what are the influencing factors when prescribing these medications to the pateint.

Fast acetylators, slow acetylators. Fast hydroxylators, slow hydroxylators.

pay attention to intercellular components, and extracellular components.

sympoms of secondary parkinsonism what are the drugs that causes these, and treatement

hypersensitivity reactions

tables for biotechnology products like interferons, leukotrines, TNF, ClF factors, and their uses in particular diseases.

enzymes and receptor, what influence they have on each other.

So I guess once you are throguh with what you are studying, you would albe to answer.

About the epidemology, there are just 4 chapters, from behavours science book, just we get like 4 or 5 questions hardly. If you don't want just skip that's ok. I hope the information I gave you will help you. Wish you all the best.

Best Regards

Ohm

Hi Fizzbizz,

I couldn't open none of the lectures in these 2 websites, can you resent it again or somthing.

Ohm,

can I pass the FPGEE without this epidemiology, im trying here to make some order in my head concerning things that I already studied CPR:(

management Im making my self hard to study it because it is some thing new once I open mamnashroff book, I don't know how i end up with CPR in my hands.:D

Hi preeti

Book I have for Behavioral scinece is by Barbara Fadem, It is good with explanation and questions. I hope it helps. Wish you all the best.

Best Reagrds

Ohm

hi ohm,

could u plz tell us which book to follow for epidemology.

Hi Khadija

If you are through with CPR, Manan shoraff Managemnet, Q&A, and also the tables in Theory. It would be more than enough I guess.

Pay attention to the enzyme inducers, enzyme inhibitors, and also highly protein bound drugs.

Drugs which should avoid during pregnancy, labtests values, plasma theraputic values, which enzymes elevate in what kind of diseases.

CNS drugs like antidepressents, anxiety drugs, mood disorder drugs and their mechansim of action. Because most of the drugs are inhibit reuptake of Norepinehrine, dopamine, serotinin, etc. but pay attention to what drugs work in what way.

anticoagulents what should in case of slightly elevated conditions, and severe elevated conditions. how to measure, what are the influencing factors when prescribing these medications to the pateint.

sympoms of secondary parkinsonism what are the drugs that causes these, and treatement

hypersensitivity reactions

tables for biotechnology products like interferons, leukotrines, TNF, ClF factors, and their uses in particular diseases.

So I guess once you are throguh with what you are studying, you would albe to answer.

About the epidemology, there are just 4 chapters, from behavours science book, just we get like 4 or 5 questions hardly. If you don't want just skip that's ok. I hope the information I gave you will help you. Wish you all the best.

Best Regards

Ohm

Thanks alot Ohm for the input, you draw here a very good picture on what and how we should study, god bless you whish you will make it in december( im already sure you are gonna make it inshallah)

Im gonna print this e mail and have it under my eyes for the review periode, like i did for many of your guiding messages, again god bless you i thrully feel relieved

Hi Dear all

Pay attention to the below tips for Biomedical and clinical science part, also partly for Pharmaceutical part

Literature, wht refereces used for outside us drugs, and also for infromationation about the drugs and compounding.

Clinical toxicology, how the antidote works, what are the menefestions of respective compounds in poisoning. hemoperfusion, diallysis methods in poisoning.

order of kinetics, what compounds follow what order.

Functional gruop chemistry about basic, adicic functional groups, lipophilic gruops

prodrugs

routes of administration, which ones are better, why are better

acidity, basicity, ph, pka their inflence in our system as well as with drugs

pharmaceutical dosage forms, storage, and packing.

Best Regards

Ohm

Hi Khadija

Thank you for blessings. Those are mainly for Biomedical and clinical scince tips. I will try to post on other subjects as well. I hope it helps. Wish you all the best. Study well.

Best Regards

Ohm

Thanks alot Ohm for the input, you draw here a very good picture on what and how we should study, god bless you whish you will make it in december( im already sure you are gonna make it inshallah)

Im gonna print this e mail and have it under my eyes for the review periode, like i did for many of your guiding messages, again god bless you i thrully feel relieved

hi khadija the firstlink requires powerpoint or something similar to open the lectures as they r in powerpoint form

the secong doesnt need the software i cud open them anybody else pls chek if they r working

anyways im sending them again here

http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/assist/topicsearch.htm#dis5

http://www.life.umd.edu/classroom/bsci424/BSCI425WebSiteFiles/LectureList.htm

thanks a lot ohm for ur help and guidance.keep it up:tup: god bless u.

[clap][clap][clap]

good job ohm it is ur contributions which r really great.

good luck to u all

Hi Dear all

Pay attention to the below tips for Biomedical and clinical science part, also partly for Pharmaceutical part

Literature, wht refereces used for outside us drugs, and also for infromationation about the drugs and compounding.

Clinical toxicology, how the antidote works, what are the menefestions of respective compounds in poisoning. hemoperfusion, diallysis methods in poisoning.

order of kinetics, what compounds follow what order.

Functional gruop chemistry about basic, adicic functional groups, lipophilic gruops

prodrugs

routes of administration, which ones are better, why are better

acidity, basicity, ph, pka their inflence in our system as well as with drugs

pharmaceutical dosage forms, storage, and packing.

Best Regards

Ohm

sister khadija,

hey king tut,

i have some problem in this.

please arrange this as per their relative acidity.

hydrochloric acid, sulphuric acid, nitric acid, hydrobromic acid, iodic acid,

perchloric acid.

and also

please arrange this as per their relative basicity,

sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide, calcium hydroxide, barium hydroxide.

please explain and why.

thanks a lot.

kumar.

Hey Fizzbizz.......

I could open both websites....They r working....Thanx for ur share....

Hey Ohm........

Thanx alot for the info ur giving....

:tup: All the best to everyone....:tup:

hi khadija the firstlink requires powerpoint or something similar to open the lectures as they r in powerpoint form

the secong doesnt need the software i cud open them anybody else pls chek if they r working

anyways im sending them again here

http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/assist/topicsearch.htm#dis5

http://www.life.umd.edu/classroom/bsci424/BSCI425WebSiteFiles/LectureList.htm

thanks a lot ohm for ur help and guidance.keep it up:tup: god bless u.