Sponsored Ad: (Join for no ads)

Thread: acidic drugs & basic drugs

Incorrigible

Good post? Yes | No

acidic drugs & basic drugs

Sponsored Ad: (Join for no ads)
    hey all
    i`m still trying to look up how we can decrease the toxicity ( excrete) an acidic drug or a basic drug .. & i still don`t get it
    one of the threads post a program about it saying that weak acids dissolves in strong acids better ... so that means if i have a weak acid i can eliminate it from the body by making the urin acidic ??? & the same if i had a weak basic drug ?????
    on the other hand i read about if the drug is acidic i need to alkanise the urine so it results in a salt ( can dissolve in the water ) & so it`ll not get reabsorbed & so eliminated from the body ??? am i write please any correct me
    i`m confused to0o0 much & the exam is across the corner & this concept is vveeeeerrry important ..
    please experts i just need the easiest way to know ...
    jazakom in advance

Good post? Yes | No
    As I understand, to eliminate a drug you need to have it in the ionized form so that it won't be reabsorbed by the tubule because it won't be lipophile and will stay in the urine.
    So basic drugs will be more eliminated in acid urine because it will be ionized.
    Acidic drugs will be more eliminated in basic urine because it will be ionized.
    Am I correct?
    Life is so good ... sometimes...
    and sometimes not !!!

Good post? Yes | No

hope this helps

hey lite dont make it too hard on u
    u just couldnt organize the consept
    when have an acidic drug it will be more ionized in basic medium and more unionized in acidic medium
    now why this is imp
    when u want to increase absorption of a drug u need it in nonionized form thus acidic media thus acidic drugs are more absorbed in stomach
    ok
    now when it come to execretion u need drug in ionized form so as to be more soluble in water and thus urin, and thus execreted... that mean u need an alkaline media for it to be in ionized and to be execreted.....
    now if have acidic urin and acidic media wht will happen to the drug??
    it will be unionized thus can be reabsorbed back into the blood... thus not execreted as we want.
    the opposite applies to basic drugs
    hope u got it now

u know I have reached a degree of saturation of study tht I dont study anymore if have chance just read a couple of things during the day, I cant take it any more and need it to be over soon inshallah
    wish us all the best
    Knowledge is Power

Incorrigible

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryfda View Post
    hey lite dont make it too hard on u
    u just couldnt organize the consept
    when have an acidic drug it will be more ionized in basic medium and more unionized in acidic medium
    now why this is imp
    when u want to increase absorption of a drug u need it in nonionized form thus acidic media thus acidic drugs are more absorbed in stomach
    ok
    now when it come to execretion u need drug in ionized form so as to be more soluble in water and thus urin, and thus execreted... that mean u need an alkaline media for it to be in ionized and to be execreted.....
    now if have acidic urin and acidic media wht will happen to the drug?
    it will be unionized thus can be reabsorbed back into the blood... thus not execreted as we want.
    the opposite applies to basic drugs
    hope u got it now

u know I have reached a degree of saturation of study tht I dont study anymore if have chance just read a couple of things during the day, I cant take it any more and need it to be over soon inshallah
    wish us all the best

jazakee cherry all the khair
    it was really the simplest ever .. enshalla u`ll get over this exam soon
    by the way i missed thy posts .. where have u been i hope u r ok .. i`m vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery sick i`m not sure if i can make it any more ..

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by lite View Post
    jazakee cherry all the khair
    it was really the simplest ever .. enshalla u`ll get over this exam soon
    by the way i missed thy posts .. where have u been i hope u r ok .. i`m vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery sick i`m not sure if i can make it any more ..
    glad I was of help
    I am ok al7amdullah but sorry if dont show much here
    as I said I got saturated w information tht I cant take it any more "zhe2et" hope all this end soon "3ala 5air"
    salammmat
    Knowledge is Power

An Urch Guru Pundit Swami Sage

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryfda View Post
    glad I was of help
    I am ok al7amdullah but sorry if dont show much here
    as I said I got saturated w information tht I cant take it any more "zhe2et" hope all this end soon "3ala 5air"
    salammmat
    Dear cherry,
    i experienced the same thing saturation back in japan a week before my trip , i was so tensed that my brain start boiling when i open a book , i cried alot and prayed to god especially still had Q&A not done and calculus, and management and The Comprehensive Pharmacy Review . so my brain should keep complying with me can't give up on me at that stage. so god guide me to take anxyolitics for 2 days that i felt so relaxed like the fpgee still 3 months ahead .then i had to stop these pills. just try to take some thing relaxing and at least reread these chemistry part in The Comprehensive Pharmacy Review.
    allah alou3in

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by khadija View Post
    Dear cherry,
    i experienced the same thing saturation back in japan a week before my trip , i was so tensed that my brain start boiling when i open a book , i cried alot and prayed to god especially still had Q&A not done and calculus, and management and The Comprehensive Pharmacy Review . so my brain should keep complying with me can't give up on me at that stage. so god guide me to take anxyolitics for 2 days that i felt so relaxed like the fpgee still 3 months ahead .then i had to stop these pills. just try to take some thing relaxing and at least reread these chemistry part in The Comprehensive Pharmacy Review.
    allah alou3in
    thanks alot my friend,
    I started reviewing The Comprehensive Pharmacy Review today and found that thr is so many to read but will try to do my best in mean time left. will try to concentrate only on first part coz cant get these drugs in my head so better be good at other parts to compensate.
    for me nothing will be relaxing except waking up and find tht all this is over
    good luck to all
    "allh ysahil amoorna jamee3an inshallah"
    Knowledge is Power

Thread Information