Urch Forums

Acidic,basic drugs!

fumi

Hell all,

Pls I need ur help,esp the Dec 06 test takers.

Pls how do u,by looking at a chemical structure, identify if its acidic, basic or a non electrolyte in nature?.I have tried studying the table in CPR Chap 12, but I havent been able to decode it yet.

Also,is NH ,CH3 AND OH basic or acidic.?

I'd really appreciate ur answers.

fumi

Hi guys!

One of the best websites regarding your mentioned issues is the one that Fizbizz introduced to us for Dec 2006.

http://www-home.cr.duq.edu/~harrold/basic_concepts_index.html

As Fizbizz mentioned before the author of this website is the author of chemical chapters in CPR.

Author Information

Marc W. Harrold, Ph.D.

Professor of Medicinal Chemistry

Duquesne University

School of Pharmacy

Pittsburgh, PA 15282

harrold@duq.edu

(412) 396-6364

Good luck!:grad:

good one from KingTUT

acidic & basic drugs

Hi dears,

just tell me how are you gonna remember the acidis and basic drugs from the table in Chapter 12 without knowing what makes it acid or basic or electrolytes. comone now!!!!!!! as a pharmacist you should now that .

in the test they give a structure and ask you a question about CH3 in this structure. in the D test i got a name of drug nevere heard about it.

by memorizing table 12 you are gonna Waist your time if you don't memorize the STRUCTURES. im not telling you to do so , go to the web site that pharmD and Sihem said. we could open this website by deblocking the popup, just click on it and it will deplock. I wanted to say that we could open the website only one month before the test, but we solved many questions in the test.

Guys, take one after noon go through all Fizzbizz websites save the ones that you need, I can tell that for me 3 were very important , chemistry, statistics, sterioisomeres.

good luck