3) Review what you studied and watch FPGEE DVD's

4) Study again CPR and FPGEE DVD's together

5) Start taking practice test s availble on internet and mannon sharoof

QA's.

i request others to guide our followers

• Like 1

Read And Understand Shargel For Atleast Twice,

Read And Understand Katzung Pharmacology,

Read And Understand Remington Pharmaceutical Sciences( Selected Topics Only).

8 Hours A Day For 2 Months Is Enough.

But Makesure Understand The Basics Perfectly,

Then You Will Have Command Over The Topic.

Dont Stress On Caliculations.

All The Best For Every One ..

Kumar.

i am an old timer. i just visited this forum to see how people are feeling now......for your use i am posting from my old thread , which i posted a year ago....

I did passed this time which is my 5th attempt . I am a silent observer for this forum. I got so many clues/tips from this forum (thanks every one) like study smart not hard, areas really we need to focus, focus on basics, etc etc . So, i kept my CPR away and 2 months i worked on my basics using internet, my old class notes, BPR cd, etc etc etc whatever i come across......Then i started reading CPR which was making sense. I realized that before i was READING cpr. Now i am UNDERSTANDING cpr. So first find out your weak area and focus on how can you strengthen those areas. It worked for me. Also last but not least, keep faith on GOD which will give you tremendous strength.

I took the test last december and I passed it with a very good grade, so I feel it is time for me to help. Here are the books I used: CPR, Morris Cody stydy guide, FPGEE Practice test (5 CD's) and Manan Shroff Theory and questions.

The most important ones are CPR and Morris Cody, if you have these two you will be covering everything. Morris Cody is a excellent reference. What I did was to read a chapter of CPR and then went to Morris Cody and read the same topic there, which is a very good summary. CPR could be a little dificult to study if you don't know what to memorize, so I just memorized what was in Morris Cody "books".

People are very scare about Management, but it is not hard in fact for me was the easiest part ( I studied it for Morris)

About Chicago test center: The room was very, very cold so if you are planning to take the test there please wear warm clothes. They sell food there but there are a lot of people try to buy lunch so you better bring your own or have some one to bring you one (you are allow to leave the test center during lunch so you can eat in the car) then you will have time to eat.

If anyone one have question I will be happy to help. :)

thanx,these are the things i always want to ask about but am afraid to as everyone else is discussing heavy topics

me too...i was afraid by drilling down process of fpgee syllabus. Honestly i can not study like that. My husband qualified 2 years ago...he is giving me boosting...he told me to go this way...i will try this approach...if not i will giveup........

Hi fpgeeoldguy,

i jz read ur thread now n' i can't help but commend it, n' i'm inspired by what u've been thru n' what u've said, u'r one person who never gave up n' that's inspiring. I'm also happy to hear that GOD is always d' center of all things wether it be good or sad, we should never loose hope. And yes, it's also true, d' basics r' d' ones we should concentrate on, b4 going to d' txt-book cpr. I also had my 1st failur, but i didn't loose hope, i know GOD has a reason for it so i didn't feel bitter nor did i complain.

Keep on gigving inspiring thoughts... more power!!!

Thanks to this forum and members . what a great information. I bought BPRCD and FPGEE DVD's . They are good. I appeared in December 2005 and failed. If i had resources like this (i mean forum and other stuff), i would have cleared it at that time itself. thanks guy's for your input ,,,it's so valuble ...pl keep posting as some small tip can change someone life....

Hi fpgeeoldguy,

Keep on gigving inspiring thoughts... more power!!!

thanks Boo....

I do expect this time high failure rate...honestly i am NOT SCARING anybody. Thing is like this....When they changed FPGEE computer system to manual system ( 3 years back), also when they changed NAPLEX syllabus 2 years ago failure rate was very high. This could be because, not that we don't read well. It takes time for us to underastand the way they are asking questions. After 2 to 3 rounds of exams, we will be getting information from people who attended and we will study according to expectations. Since, this time you guy's know only syllabus and not aware of their expectations, this is my guess or caution. So what u guy's need to do is STUDY WELL and COVER ALL AREAS of Syllabus. Don't leave anything. Practice , practice practice....Q's ,.... then don't settle down by reading CPR...you may have to use other resources ....which even no one knows. ...so, study welll and keep faith in GOD...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I just want to know from old test takers that whether they give us molecular weight or we have to remember that.

Same question for log values too.

Also give some advice about exams. Like what we have to revise in last week?

Good luck to all the friends.

Hi,

I just want to know from old test takers that whether they give us molecular weight or we have to remember that.

It provides molecular weight but if you can remember popular elements such as H, C, O, N, it will help you calculate and think faster.

Also give some advice about exams. Like what we have to revise in last week?

Relax. :tup: Don't study too much on the last week. The day before the test, I would suggest you to do nothing in order to save energy. I took more than 10 hours for the whole process. I checked in from 7 a.m. and the test finished at 6:30 p.m. I remember that after 3 p.m., my brain shut down so I used the spinal cord or common sense to do the rest. I could not focus anymore, plus the lunch the center provided gave me zero energy. Rice is better but it did not provide. I suggest that at least bring a big and delicious and sweet orange with you. I was sick on that day too. I felt that if I took a deep rest at least 3 days, I will do a lot better.

However, I passed on my first attempt.

If you work as a pharmacist before, I believe that you should not have any problem. :)

Thanks patyazo.

That was wonderful piece of information. Also, can you let us know if there is anything which is important to be taken along to the test center,also the time of starting the exam, and end of the exam, and things to be taken care of during the exam ect? I am a bit anxious about it all.

-

Hi Knok

Thank you for the good advice.Since many of us will travel on the day before,I don't think that there will be time for studying so we will sort of be taking a break.You are encouraging when you say that if one has worked before it's experience that helps.I am really hoping that works for me even though I worked like 50 years ago,it seems.Just on a funny note:When I had studied the only side effects that were commonly documented were Nausea ,vomiting and diarrhoea and hypotension for the anti hypertensives.We had never heard of priapsm!!!

I really need the link for bio terrorism,I missed it when it was being discussed.The Maryland board one does not give me the information I need or maybe I don't know how to use it.

Also,please can someone advise about recombinant dna tech.Where can I get some information?

:tup: [clap] When I was taking the exam, I tried to do my best with the time. I just guessed immediately on the questions that I felt that I did not understand anything. I remember that there were a bunch of questions that I did not even know what categories they were. Also, there were a lot of questions that I felt that I read from somewhere else exactly word by word but I didn't know where they came from and did not know what the right answers were. Just remember the content.:(

We do not need to be perfect. There are a lot of things to cover. The main topics on the blue print are what we should understand. We do not need to get 100% of every topic. Some questions were too difficult. I wouldn't worry about them. I spent time with the questions that were not too hard. It is a paper-based so we can skip and come back later. When we can finish all the easy questions, we should get a good feeling about ourselves. If we put focus on difficult questions, we will get a headache and want to run out of the exam room. ;)

Please make sure that you have enough energy until the last minute.

Good Luck. [clap] :tup:

Knok