Urch Forums

Latest Information On Nabp Website For Those Appearing For Dec 2007 Fpgee

charlesjain

Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination® (FPGEE®)

Frequently Asked Questions

1.When is the deadline for registering for the FPGEE?

Registrations for the December 1, 2007 FPGEE will not be accepted after October 19, 2007, or once all the test sites have reached capacity, whichever comes first. Please note that seating for the examination is limited.

2. If I have questions about my June 2007 score, is it possible to have my examination hand scored?

NABP offers those applicants who have a question about their scores the opportunity to have their examination hand scored. In keeping with the NABP quest for quality assurance those who failed the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination® (FPGEE®) and whose scores were either two points within passing and/or whose answer sheets had omitted answers that if answered correctly may have been sufficient to pass, these answer sheets have already been hand scored and verified. For others, the requirements for hand scoring are: send a letter requesting hand scoring accompanied by a certified check, cashier's check, or money order for $100 payable in United States funds through a US bank, made out to NABP. The letter and check must arrive at NABP prior to October 19, 2007. Hand scoring may take two to three weeks.

3.When will the next FPGEE be held?

The next FPGEE will be held December 1, 2007.

4. Where will it be administered?

The December 1, 2007 FPGEE will be administered in Brooklyn (New York City), NY; Northlake (Chicago), IL; and San Jose, CA.

5. Is my previous Authorization To Test (ATT) still valid?

Your previous ATT has been cancelled. Tickets for those currently registered to take the December 1, 2007 FPGEE will be mailed in late August.

6. If I have not yet applied, can I still apply to the FPGEC program?

Yes. NABP continues to accept FPGEC applications.

7. If I have been accepted to take the December 1, 2007 FPGEE, do I have to take it on that date?

You have the opportunity to take the test on one of two consecutive dates. The only exception to this two consecutive opportunities rule is if you are unable to take the second examination because you cannot receive a visa or have a serious health problem and we receive a copy of the denial from the visa issuing body or documentation from a health professional prior to the second examination. In that case you will be eligible for a third and final opportunity. No one regardless of circumstances will be allowed more than three consecutive opportunities although you can reapply to the FPGEC program.

8. What if I want to change my test date?

(a) If December 1, 2007, is your first chance to sit for the FPGEE administration and you are currently registered to take the December 1, 2007 examination, but you cannot take the December 1, 2007 examination, NABP must receive your cancellation request in writing prior to October 19, 2007, to defer taking the test to June 2008 in order to avoid a $125 penalty fee.

(b) If December 1, 2007 is your second and last chance to sit for the FPGEE administration and you do not take the examination (not due to a visa or health problem), then your record will be closed, all fees will be forfeited, and you will have to reapply to take the FPGEE.

9. What if I want to change my test date after the October 19, 2007 deadline date?

If the December 1, 2007 examination is your first opportunity to sit for the FPGEE and NABP receives your cancellation request after October 19, 2007, you will have to pay a $125 penalty fee prior to registering for the June 2008 examination.

10. What if I want to change my test city?

If after registering for the December 1, 2007 FPGEE, you would like to change your test site, NABP must receive your request in writing with a money order of $50 prior to October 19, 2007. If NABP is unable to change your test city, NABP will refund your $50.

11. What will happen if I register for the examination, and I don’t show up?

If you register for the examination and then fail to show for the December 1, 2007 examination after you have registered, you will forfeit all fees and your FPGEC program file and record will be closed. You will need to reapply if you wish to take the FPGEE at a later date.

12. How long will it take until I receive my score report?

Your scores for the June 23, 2007 examination will be mailed in August 2007.

13. What if I fail the examinations? How do I reapply?

If you fail the FPGEE, you may apply to take the examination again. If you choose to reapply, you must follow the directions in the FPGEC Application Bulletin.

14. As a first-time applicant what if I cannot take the examination at either time?

As a first-time applicant if you cannot take the examination at either time (December 1, 2007 or the June 2008), your record will be closed and all fees will be forfeited. You will need to reapply if you wish to take the FPGEE at a later date.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have 3 queries rgdg FPGEE exam at the end of this msg.

About me:

I hold a "Bachelor of Pharmacy" degree from a reputed university in India. I came to USA in January-2007. I paid the whole 700 USD towards FPGEE examination fee along with related charges involved for transcripts-evaluation etc. with the intent of appearing for FPGEE in December-2007.

I recently learnt that certain important transcript documents needed for submission to ECE are not present with me. :(Due to reasons involving health and personal matters, I planned to visit India in January 2008 1st week.

So, am planning to cancel my application for Dec-2007.:hmm:

My Queries:

1) Would the complete $700 amount I paid be completely refunded once my request for cancellation is made before Oct-1-2007?

2) If not completely refunded, How much amount would I get in refund if I cancel this before Oct-1-2007?

3) Please let me know what are the steps involved to cancel my application for FPGEE exam scheduled for Dec-2007.

The above FAQs in first-post of this forum are good and quite explanative; but am just wanting to get a confirmed understanding from others too.

Please some one help me.

Thanks,

VCSekhar Parepalli