Urch Forums

What are the Reason for failing FPGEE?

PRETTY89

I am just wondering, why is it so hard to pass the FPGEE, like some it takes so many tries before they pass. I have some questions to those that made a lot of tries, and to those who made it the first time.

1. Do you have a work experience as Pharm Tech in US?
  2. Did you really memorize shargel? or other references?
  3. Do you really know chemistry and pharmacology, word for word?
  4. Is it just pure Luck that you Passed?
  5. For those who had so many tries, how hard did you study?
  6. For those who made it the first time, how hard is hard study for you?
  7. I don't think that Pharmacist are not smart or intelligent, if you are a pharmacist, no matter from which ever country you are, you are intelligent, because you are a Pharmacist.

I'm hoping somebody can answer these questions, this will help us assessed and prepare ourselves future Fpgee takers. At least it will guide us, that maybe FPGEE is not just all about studying, maybe it is also about having experience in the US Pharmacy. Thank you.

My answer is that, as a pharmacist, you should not focus only on the exams, but you should also be prepared to answer questions being asked by patients, doctors, and co-workers. This is more important than exam questions. That's why when people asked questions, I usually posted links which explain reasons behind those answers.

Pharmacists should be on going training, studying, and reading updated information since medical usages change every day.

You should study as much as you can. If you don't study today, you have to study it anyway. You don't want to hear any surprising questions happening at your work and you can't answer it. You are going to lose face.;) When I studied, I studied in depth in every section. If you understand in depth, no matter how hard the questions play with you, you can answer it, especially clinical parts. Oh! I owned drug stores for 12 years and worked for product department in pharmaceutical companies for 12 years. I believe that training in companies and working with real patients helped a lot.

I am just wondering, why is it so hard to pass the FPGEE, like some it takes so many tries before they pass. I have some questions to those that made a lot of tries, and to those who made it the first time.

I passed FPGEE on my first attempt. My preparation time was 6 months. I can say that the test was hard; it was not easy for me. After I finished my exam, I had mixed feelings - some parts I thought I aced it, some part I was not sure whether I did it well enough to pass.

1. Do you have a work experience as Pharm Tech in US? No, I don't have experience whether pharm tech or pharmaceutical field in the U.S.
  2. Did you really memorize shargel? or other references? I studied mainly from CPR Shargel, I could not memorize every page. I also used Manan Shroff Q&A, calculation, management. The rest references were from this forum and from the websites that our friends posted in this forum. 75% of my preparation time, I used Shargel.
  3. Do you really know chemistry and pharmacology, word for word? Of course not, I was not good in organic chemistry. I spent almost one month studied the basic chemistry and organic chemistry.
  4. Is it just pure Luck that you Passed? Absolutely not pure luck. I studied very hard and GOD definitely has tremendous impact on my success. GOD + Luck + Study.
  5. For those who had so many tries, how hard did you study? This question is not applicable for me. However, I know that my best friend studied very hard and I thought she would pass, but she didn't. From my perspective, you cannot judge how hard people study by passing or failing the test. It doesn't mean that she/he was not trying hard enough. Maybe he/she was trying/studying harder than me.
  6. For those who made it the first time, how hard is hard study for you? I think, I studied for FPGEE very hard. In 6 months of my study, I did not study everyday, since the time and circumstance was not allowed.

I hope these answers will help you in some way. Just want to tell you guys and encourage you that WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!

bva - a few more questions.

Hello MedCaribo, Thank you for your compliment. :p

1. What is the time lag before getting results -with your experience as a Guru? First of all, I am not a guru. My result (small envelope) came exactly 7 weeks after the test date.

2. How does the grading system work for this exam? I don't know how they grade the exam. (I assume that each question is not exactly 1 point, the hard question may worth more than 1 points, the easy one may worth less than 1 point. This is just my personal assumption.)

I definitely know that in order to receive the overall passing score, we must attain a passing grade in every section.

3. For those that fail - how many allowed tries do they have after the first one? I heard that there is no limited time for those who failed the test. However, there are two FPGEE tests per year - June and December.

If my answers create any confusion, please let me know.

okay bva - you are a guru in training - is that right?

In terms of my last question - how many attempts at the exam - are you sure that there are many tries that are allowed? This is where we need someone with concrete knowledge and information. Especically with the new regulations that are in place.

In terms of my last question - how many attempts at the exam - are you sure that there are many tries that are allowed? This is where we need someone with concrete knowledge and information. Taking into account the new regulations that are in place.

In terms of my last question - how many attempts at the exam - are you sure that there are many tries that are allowed? This is where we need someone with concrete knowledge and information. Taking into account the new regulations that are in place.

Now I know what you are talking about "guru in training." I don't know how this phrase appears below my name. It automatically appears as guru-in-training because of too many posts that I made? I am involuntarily with this phrase. (I don't like it.) :doh:

The last question, let's hear from others. I am positive in my previous answer, though.

But not too long ago, there was a procedure that stated if you do not pass the exam in a certain amount of tries, you will have to take additional courses... This requirement is applied to Naplex.

And sure, no one wants to take this exam again :D This one, I totally agree with you. Having said that, for those who failed the FPGEE, please don't be discouraged or upset. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

For those who took the June 2007 exam, I'm waiting to congratulate you guys very soon. [clap]

For all my friends who are going to take the Dec. 2007 exam. Fight!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! [bounce]

This is really interesting discussion going on here, usually I read all posing but this discussion compell me to post, I have taken fpgee before I have experience as a tech for more than 1 year also , I studied hard Shargel too , but still I would say this is a "Strange" exam. Nobody has exact idea what is really going on here in this test. If u have any argument, I' ll reply you.

bva and knok can you tell me what is a knowledge difference between 74 and 75 points? Practically, nothing but thing is that 75 is ahead of 74 for 6 months which is $50000 loss+ lots of other problems+ time.

And I have seen so many students just came in USA without hardwork and experience they passed the test , so each and every angle you see this test that it's strange.

But we can not do it. We cannot leave it on luck so my opinion is that if you can try to get some especially in pharmacy and do really hardwork on Shargel and Shroff material for at least 4 months. make your basic fundas clear.

Do not worry about result and just take the test. Leave the decision of result on God. Sorry, I am not good in posting and good language but my intention is not to tense anybody just work hard that's all we can do.

-

My answer is in blue ink. :)

This is really interesting discussion going on here, usually I read all posing but this discussion compell me to post, I have taken fpgee before I have experience as a tech for more than 1 year also , I studied hard Shargel too , but still I would say this is a "Strange" exam. Nobody has exact idea what is really going on here in this test. If u have any argument, I' ll reply you. I don't think it is a "strange" exam. For me, FPGEE is a fair exam, hard but fair. The questions asked in the exam were clear. There were no question that intend to confuse or trick candidates.

bva and knok can you tell me what is a knowledge difference between 74 and 75 points? Practically, nothing but thing is that 75 is ahead of 74 for 6 months which is $50000 loss+ lots of other problems+ time. No comments on this issue.

And I have seen so many students just came in USA without hardwork and experience they passed the test , so each and every angle you see this test that it's strange. Really??? How did you know that they passed without hardwork? Sometimes, people just don't admit that they worked hard for it. No offense, this is just my personal opinion. I think the test is fair, it is not strange.

We cannot leave it on luck so my opinion is that if you can try to get some especially in pharmacy and do really hardwork on Shargel and Shroff material for at least 4 months. make your basic fundas clear. I endorse your statement. I totally agree that "We cannot leave it [purely] on luck."

Do not worry about result and just take the test. Leave the decision of result on God. Sorry, I am not good in posting and good language but my intention is not to tense anybody just work hard that's all we can do. Your language is good, your intention, and your post is good too.

Nice talking/discussing with all of you here. Thank you for your compliment, rxnj07 and kjsweet27.

The bottom line that I want to say is "study hard and smart, and GOD will help us." WE CAN DO IT!!! [goodjob]

I have to go study for my exam now. Today, I think I posted too many posts. Sorry, guys. :ninja:

Its a mixture of hard work, luck, faith and fate.

Some passed with hardly any hardwork. Could be talent?

I knew one who failed it 4 times even after trying all she can possibly do. Tutors, online classes, even going abroad for FPGEE classes, and actually currently working as a Ph Tech for several years!. Could be just not smart enough to retain her studies?

No one knows for sure.

So try your best and pray.

Friends,

Whatever the reason for passing the exam, we cannot undermine the need for working hard, clearing up our basics, and praying.

I gave the June exam and I do not have the result yet but the exam did seem fair. It had questions that required us to THINK, not just vomit out shargel or tech experience. The right answer depends upon the right LOGIC. We all have given the exam to the best of our ability but we may not have applied the correct logic for several questions though we think we have.

That is why some people pass the first time and some have to take many tries with a lot more hardwork.

Now waiting for the result!