Urch Forums

PLzzz..Score & be a critc..to my ESSay

MY gre is on Oct 28th...plzz help me by scoring..& pointing me where i am wrong..with my Issue..:(:(

“Too much emphasis is placed on role models. Instead of copying others, people should learn to think and act independently and thus make the choices that are best for them.”

In this highly competitive world, when the standards demanded by us have no limit,everyone needs someone to emulate.This someone is who we could look up to as our role model.He is generally someone with high standards in his or her field and occupation.So we tend to ape them in all aspects good or bad.There is nothing wrong with it as far as we don’t lose the sight of the final goal.So I basically believe that we should try to take up their good points at the same time take initiative to make independent choices which are best for our future.

Firstly it is not advisable to have no role models.But what is important is that we shouldn’t become obsessed with them.They can play a very healthy and important role in shaping our future lives .The high standards set by them goad us to go for more everytime we tend to slack.

Secondly we must understand that they are living a life quiet different to ours.So it is not necessary that their every decision applies to our lives too.Their comes a time in our lives we need to make some independent choices best for our future.It is important that these important decisions our not influenced just by them in any way or manner.This is because,what might appear to be good for them might not be as good for us or may not even apply to our lives.By placing a huge amount of emphasis on the role they play in our lives we tend to lose our decisive power.

Lets take for example the case of famous Indian tennis player Sania Mirza.She has her role model as none other than Steffi Graf.A lot of people feel that she has emulated her forehand stroke as hers.But what if she starts emulating here in all aspects of her life.Steffi hadn’t herself led a very morally upright life.There have been times when she has been confronted with tax evasions,& many other problems.Now if sania starts copying her in every way than that could lead to lot of problems in her life too.What is right is to have her as a role model in professional life and managing the personal front on own decisions

So on a final note I think they are a very important part of our lives as they play the role of a catalyst in taking us higher and higher in our lives.Their lives itself becomes a model of perfection to keep us morally upright at times when we can lose our morals.But we must never forget that we have a life of our own in which a quiet a lot decisions are to be made by us on an independent basis without any influence.

--------------------453 words