Urch Forums

project is failing and

noney08

Which of the following best completes the passage below?

When a project is failing and should be terminated, plan to bring in a new manager. New managers are more likely to terminate the project than are the original managers because______

(A) the project may have failed for reasons that the original manager could not have foreseen

(B) organizations tend to reward managers who can overcome problems

© managerial decisions to terminate a project should depend on the likelihood of the project’s eventual success

(D) the original managers were not necessarily able to overcome problems caused by external events over which they had no control

(E) the new managers have no need to justify the earlier decision to maintain the project

Yeah, E comes close.. Original managers could be "attached" to their projects and would not want the project to shutdown..i.e they would want to sustain the project (we are talking about a "failing project").

New managers would not be "attached" to the "failing" projects assigned to them.

Opt E.

I can think of ©.

coz When a project is failing and should be terminated -- then new manager will have to take the decision on the basis of probability of success of the project

I think C does not raise the reason why new managers are more likely to terminate the project than are the original managers. It merely provides a clue for managers to decide whether to terminate the plan.

E clearly states the point and is the right choice