Urch Forums

An important Question

computer-bot

WHile I was solving the 1000 CR set, I came across some CRs that were repeated. Only th situation and words were different but the Logic was exactly the same. I was concerned whether this also happens in GMAT. Following is an example of such repetition.

Also how relevant is the 1000 CR list to the actual CRs in GMAT.

A light bulb company produces 2,000 light bulbs per week. The manager wants to ensure that standards of quality remain constant from week to week. The manager, therefore, claims that out of 2,000 light bulbs produced per week, 500 light bulbs are rejected.

Of the following, the best criticism of the manager’s plan is that the plan assumes that

(A) light bulb manufacturers cannot accept all light bulbs that produced

(B) the overall quality of the light bulbs would not be improved if the total number of light bulbs produced were reduced

© each light bulb that is reviewed is worthy of being reviewed

(D) it is difficult to judge the quality of a light bulb

(E) the 1,500 light bulbs that are accepted will be of the same quality from week to week

The Asian American History Association receives approximately 1,000 proposals each year from individuals who wish to present papers at its annual meeting. The association’s officers would like to ensure constant standards of quality in the presentations from year to year. The officers have therefore decided to accept for presentation each year only the best 300 papers selected on the basis of the quality of the proposals submitted.

Of the following, the best criticism of the officers’ plan is that the plan assumes that

(A) Professional associations cannot accept all papers submitted for presentation at their annual meetings.

(B) The total number of proposals submitted to the association will remain at approximately 1,000 in future years.

© Each proposal submitted to the association deserves to be considered a serious candidate for presentation.

(D) It is difficult to judge the quality of a paper on the basis of the proposal alone.

(E) The best 300 papers submitted to the association for presentation will be of the same quality from year to year.

:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

CB

• 11 months later...

I dont think 1000 series is representative of actual GMAT......mostly students use 1000 series to gain speed, confidence and to understand what is that they are doing wrong, becoz Practice makes man perfect

Also, noone can comment on if the logic will be repeated in GMAT because the questions are divided in different bins and what question you see depends on your performance.

Hope this helps

Even though these 2 look alike, there is a slight difference.. IN the first case 500 are randomly rejected.whereas in the secind question the 300 best are chosen.. From my experience, questions may look alike, but don't get duped.. Read every question carefully as if reading for the first time..

Ans - both E