Urch Forums

Diagonal ratios

Shud,

How did you assume the diagonal is bisecting the angle? You are assuming it is rhombus.

I don't want to venture into trigonometry, but that is the only way we can explain this problem. Let us say one diagonal makes x degrees with base and the other diagonal makes y degrees with base. As you eluded, the ratio is sin x / sin y. Even though I believe there is a relation between x and y, sin x / sin y varies with x. I strongly believe the answer is wrong.

Shud,

How did you assume the diagonal is bisecting the angle? You are assuming it is rhombus.

I don't want to venture into trigonometry, but that is the only way we can explain this problem. Let us say one diagonal makes x degrees with base and the other diagonal makes y degrees with base. As you eluded, the ratio is sin x / sin y. Even though I believe there is a relation between x and y, sin x / sin y varies with x. I strongly believe the answer is wrong.

I agree with you. yes!