Urch Forums

To develop more accurate population forecasts

mehrak

To develop more accurate population forecasts, demographers have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic determinants of fertility.

A. have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic

B. have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical

C. would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical

D. would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economic

E. would have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economical

Oa: D

I can not choose betweenB ,D and E but, I think “social and economic determinants” is not true and I ----think it must be social and economical . am I right?

firstly we need would have to know because the sentence starts with to develop more ..... demographers would have to know so straight away we are left with C, D and E

c and E both have economical which is obviously wrong

economical deterinants would suggest 'cheap' 'low cost' determinants

which obviously won't go with social

it is always economic crisis not economical crisis

A.have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic .. the comparison is wrong

B. have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical economical means cheap and budgeting . (Wrong)

C. would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical - wrong

D. would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economic- correct

E. would have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economical- wrong comparison and economical is wrong