Urch Forums

Read this sentence in the economist. Is it correct?

kutra

I am a bit confused about the sentence marked in bold (especially the sentence after "than".

I read this in the economic times.

Shouldn't the sentence have been "Congress is far more sensitive to lobbying than the president is and to small but highly motivated groups of voters. "

Please advice.

When the same House committee passed a “genocide” resolution in 2007 the White House urged that the vote be scrapped. But this year, it had come with a twist; Barack Obama had promised during his election campaign to recognise the event as genocide. But before the vote his advisers said that while he acknowledges a genocide personally, he urged unsuccessfully that official interpretation be left to the parties involved. Congress is far more sensitive to lobbying than the president and to small but highly motivated groups of voters. Lobbyists working for both Armenians and Turks had been active before the vote and Armenians are concentrated in several Californian districts.

I believe the sentence is correct.

Congress is far more sensitive to lobbying than the president and to small but highly motivated groups of voters.

the red part is parallel.

congress is far more sensitive to lobbying than the president {is}.. comparison of "congress" with "president" : both noun.

"is" : ellipses.

IMO sentence is perfect gramatically