Urch Forums

Oxford MPhil late application

littleboy555

Hi, I applied for Oxford MPhil last week. I scanned a copy of my GRE scores and uploaded it onto the online application. Do they require us to ask ETS to send an official score report?

Also, are there going to be very few spots available for March deadline applicants? Is it almost impossible to get funding now because I will only be notified in May?

Thanks!

Edited by littleboy555

Hey I think they do -I id anyway -but try to contact Admissions to save yourself $17

I think that it is stated clearly on the website that you don't have to send in anything. If you are shortlisted they will ask you to supply hard copies... the whole concept of uploading is for them to avoid piling tons of papers on their desks no?

I am pretty sure I didn't send an official version of my GRE score to Oxford - I just submitted the scanned version. In terms of the transcript, agree with Lepa01 - the online version is definitely fine - they ask for a hard copy if/when they extend an offer of admission.

I also applied to Oxford MPhil. I didn't send official copies of my transcripts or GRE since it is fine if you just scan and upload them.

On the webpage of the application guide it is stated:

"If you are applying online, [...]. You can also scan and upload copies of your official transcript(s) or English language test certificates. If you are offered a place you will be asked to supply the original transcripts and test certificate; there is no need to submit the original unless we request it."

Application Guide - University of Oxford

I had the same question regarding the ets scores thats what they answered to my enquiry:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding graduate study at the University of Oxford.

For this course, the department needs to assess your GRE scores and for this they will require the official certificate of your scores. Please ensure that this is provided as soon as possible.

Your application can be considered without these official scores, but it may disadvantage your application if you have not provided materials that the department requires.

I wasn't really sure if they really needed the originals but send them there anyway.

hope to have helped you

• 1 year later...
I applied to Oxford MPhil this year very close to the January deadline. Unfortunately, I got confused about whether writing samples were required and didn't submit them, so I received a notification a few days ago that my app was incomplete! I submitted them, now it is complete, but they pushed my app into the March deadline batch. Will this badly damage chances of admission?