Urch Forums

jet engine

hitzs

After more than four decades of research and development, a new type of jet engine is being tested that could eventually propel aircraft anywhere in the world within two hours or help boost cargoes into space at significantly lower costs than current methods permit.

A. tested that could eventually propel aircraft anywhere in the world within two hours or help

B. tested that could eventually have the capability of propelling aircraft anywhere in the world within two hours or to help

C. tested, eventually able to propel aircraft anywhere in the world within two hours, or helping D. tested, and it eventually could propel aircraft anywhere in the world within two hours or helping

E. tested, and it could eventually have the capability to propel aircraft anywhere in the world within two hours or help

to what 'that' refers in this sentence?

I think A is right.

Its a parallel. propel aircraft...boost cargoes

I also think that 'that' is required in this case as there is need to provide more info abt the jet engine or in other words the later part of the sentence should be present as a restrictive clause.

Pls correct me if I am wrong.