Urch Forums

Computer software

kov

The computer software being designed for a project studying Native American access to higher education will not only meet the needs of that study, but also has the versatility and power of facilitating similar research endeavors.

(A) but also has the versatility and power of facilitating

(B) but also have the versatility and power to facilitate

© but it also has the versatility and power to facilitate

(D) and also have the versatility and power of facilitating

(E) and it also has such versatility and power that it can facilitate

Out of "A" , "B" I will go with "A"

The computer software being designed for a project studying Native American access to higher education will not only meet the needs of that study, but also has the versatility and power of facilitating similar research endeavors.

(A) but also has the versatility and power of facilitating (green is good to go ...)

(B) but also have(this should be according to "computer software" --> singular) the versatility and power to facilitate

BOB800 : please comment on my understanding .....

Out of "A" , "B" I will go with "A"

(A) but also has the versatility and power of facilitating (green is good to go ...)

(B) but also have(this should be according to "computer software" --> singular) the versatility and power to facilitate

BOB800 : please comment on my understanding .....

There is no difference between singular and plural after "will." You can write "not only meets... but also has" or "will not only meet... but also have" or "not only will meet... but also will have," but you can't write "will not only meet... but also has."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
There is no difference between singular and plural after "will." You can write "not only meets... but also has" or "will not only meet... but also have" or "not only will meet... but also will have," but you can't write "will not only meet... but also has."

Bob .. can you please clarify about "not only .. but it also". Can it be correct or it should be strictly "not only .. but also"