Urch Forums

ing ..

aru4912

Though initially opposed to the measure, the governor approved the new needle-exchange program at the urging of his own doctor, his chief advisors, and a coalition of some 20 social action groups.

(b) as a consequence of having been urged by his own doctor, his chief advisors, and a coalition of some

© on account of being urged by his own doctor, chief advisors, and a coalition of

(d) as he was urged to do by his own doctor, his chief advisors, and a coalition of some

(e) as his own doctor was urging him to do, along with his chief advisors, and a coalition of.

Folks, I am not convinced with any of the above answers (including a). Any explanations would help.

OA

A

Thanks.

Option A - at the urging of doesn't really sound good. I wont go for this option although it is in active voice.

Option B is wordy.

Option C is wordy and awkward

Option D though the sentence is in passive voice. it seems grammatically correct. only the 'to do' in the sentence doesnt sound good to me.

Option E. as his own doctor was urging him to do, along with his chief advisors - this pronoun doesnt explicitly refer to the governor. it could even refer to the doctor. So this is not the best option.

Between A & D - I would choose D.

Can somebody please explain why OA is not D?