Urch Forums

Kaplan Verbal V/s Princeton Verbal

shramit

hi,

i have gone thru verbal from princeton and now after reading from the forum i feel that kaplan is rated higher,,but going thru kaplan may mean confusing oneself (verbal part)..so shud i do only quant from kaplan or complete kaplan.

P.S. i had a hell of a time arranging that book in delhi.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Review, review, review. Write, write, write. Nothing is done overnight. The best thing to do is to be consistent. Both are equally good. However, I would also practice your writing with a teacher or tutor if you are from a non-English speaking country. Why? You will probably have a need to get a streamlined way to handle the 4 C's and get solid advice in handling graduate level writing. One book that I personally like is Nova.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't think that going through another book should be confusing. Kaplan may have different strategies, but you can assess if you want to adopt those strategies or stick with the ones you learned from PR. I think overall, going over Kaplan will be helpful, because they tend to have more challenging questions and you will have to master the more difficult types of questions if you want to do well on the test. Even if you only skim the Kaplan book, to pick which strategies you want to adopt, definitely go over the practice questions.

Hope this helps and good luck!