Urch Forums

To get a 35 or higher in Verbal and score above 700

go4mba

My math is pretty good. However, my verbal sucks (for the lack of a better word)

My goal is to score above 700 in gmat. So, I am wondering how many answers (approximately) should I get right to score above 35 (scaled) in verbal.

I understand the test is adaptive and the score will vary depending on how many of the first 10 answers are correct. However, I am looking at rough ballpark estimate...Has anyone observed a pattern for this ?

I've noticed that if Q=49 and V=35 you can get a 700.

I have to give it again sometime soon the following is what am working on: [same boat as you good with math suck at verbal]

in practice gmat prep your ballpark should be around 37, in real test it if you do at par (considering little bit of nervousness etc) you can manage 33-34, (assuming you can crack 50/51 in quant) this should launch you into 700 range. [but then again these scaled scores are not very accurate and have seen some posts about same scale but different totals.]

yes be careful in the first 15 (you should focus on accuracy there) then speed up a little bit till 30 and from 30 onwards you can give ur best speed (by best speed i don't mean you should screw up all the end questions :) )

practice your timing in the mock tests as well this will give you a strategy to stick to during the exam, see time vs accuracy ratio for first 15 question, next 15 and the last 11, adjust accordingly. flag/note questions which stumped you and revisit how to improve them. post on this forum there are amazing folks here with lots of tips.

hth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...