Urch Forums

Anyone applied to London school of Economics ?

bhar_rohit

Yes you can definitely expect a call. My room mate's GMAT score was pretty low ocmpared to their average. They stated on their website that they wanted around 650. My room mate got 580 in his GMAT (with a horrible prep i remember). He was an econ major though and he had a good GPA, around 3.55/4. Your profile looks good and I think you need a strong quant background for their program which I am sure you must be having.

Also they have rolling admissions so the sooner you apply the better it is. I dont remember their deadline but u can always look it up on their website. The program is quite rigorous but GMAT counts for little I think considering that my room mate got a 580 and he still made it easily. Well written essays definitely count for a lot.

Although there is one thing that counts more in U.K universities compared to U.S. ones. The ability to pay. If you can foot the bill then I don't see a reason why they would reject anyone with a decent profile.

Hi, Is anyone applying to LBS.. Mfin ? I just wanted to know my chances... Heres my brief profile...

Electronics Engg - Mumbai Univ - GPA 3.5 Approx

1 Year Exp - Trading

1.5 Yrs @ Citigroup - Credit Analyst (Got promoted once)

Certifications - CFA L1. FRM, 5 National Stock Exchange Certifications

GRE - 1350,

Had an admission from Gerogia Tech for Financial Engineering (Did not take it up due to personal reasons, though looks like a blessing in disguise looking at it in the hindsight).

I am Keen on LBS - Mfin. But they need GMAT. The site says an avg of 700. I dont have time to study for a 700. My exam date is on 4th Nov. What would you guys suggest ? Will a 650 suffice or should i postpone the GMAT and get that 700.

Appreciate the inputs.

Thanks.